Plot attributes set in code (Type Attribute).

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
KhaosTrader

Plot attributes set in code (Type Attribute).

Postby KhaosTrader » 03 Apr 2013

Hi,

Can I set the Type and Weight attribute for plot1 , plot2, etc? in code?

Thanks in advance.

ABC

Re: Plot attributes set in code (Type Attribute).

Postby ABC » 03 Apr 2013

Hi KhaosTrader,

you can use SetPlotWidth to set what I believe you mean with weight. However to my knowledge it's not possible to set the plot style from the code. The reserved word "setplottype" is not used in MC and as far as I recall TS doesn't use it either, but labels it "for future usage" since years.
It would be great though, it this could be done from the code.

Regards,
ABC

dvdkite

Postby dvdkite » 24 Jan 2020

Hello I found this post using google...
Honestly is it really not available SETPLOTYPE in 2020 for an evoluted top platform like multicharts??? So I really have to manually set "hystogram" or "line" from the chart option? It MUST be done by code...

Is there a logical reason because it is not available???

You also cannot modify the tickness of a line if it is not a continuos line...

This platform is amazing and I think that those things should be quickly fixed ... I saw a feature request for this in 2013... we're in 2020 and the problem is still here....

Regards,
David

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 03 Feb 2020

Hello,

Could you please specify which of the parameters depicted in the picture would you like to change from script?
format style.png
(14.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
As for “Type” — we cannot change it from code, as this parameter is set one time at creation.
As for “Style” — it is possible to add a feature that allows to modify this parameter from script.

dvdkite

Postby dvdkite » 03 Feb 2020

Hello,

Could you please specify which of the parameters depicted in the picture would you like to change from script?
format style.png
As for “Type” — we cannot change it from code, as this parameter is set one time at creation.
As for “Style” — it is possible to add a feature that allows to modify this parameter from script.
Hello Svetlana,

1) I would like to change the WEIGHT.
2) I want of course to change the TYPE by code... if I have an indicator with 10 or more lines (example: Deviation standarts of the vWAP) I would like to setup everything by code... there's no sense to go and change it by hand ..I would like to chose histogram, line... I don't need to change it during a session... but at least I would like to set it up at the first start of the indicator by code..
3) I know you can modify the STYLE, but if I select a style differen from a continuous LINE then I cannot change the WEIGHT.

Regarding point 3... Imagine you have on the chat 3 indicators... 2 linear regressions and 1 mvg average.. If I change the style of the mvg avg then I cannot CHANGE THE WEIGHT of it! That's really no sense... I can barely see the mvg average on a 32inc 4k screen by using a style different than a plain line....

Regards,

David

Svetlana MultiCharts

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 05 Feb 2020

David,

Thanks for clarification. We are going to include it in our plans for one of the releases following MultiCharts 14 Release.

dvdkite

Postby dvdkite » 05 Feb 2020

David,

Thanks for clarification. We are going to include it in our plans for one of the releases following MultiCharts 14 Release.
Thank you very much... I'm sure a lot of MC users will appreciate it!

Return to “MultiCharts”