DTN/IQ Connection Issues After Upgrade To 8.5  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
harvester

DTN/IQ Connection Issues After Upgrade To 8.5

Postby harvester » 06 Apr 2013

I just upgraded from 8.5 64bit beta to the 8.5 64bit release candidate. Everything went well, except for one problem with connection to DTN/IQ. When a chart tries to connect to DTN/IQ, the pop-up login window starts up and won't connect. If I click the connect button, it still does nothing. It then continues to try repeatedly and cannot connect. It's worth mentioning that I have several other applications that use DTN, and they are all working - connecting automatically. So it appears to be something specific with MultiCharts, and occurred after the upgrade process.

Started up Quote Manager to view the log as it tries to connect. It just says login failed. I've viewed the connection details and re-entered the credentials. I also made sure that MultiCharts is running as administrator.

My DTN package has to run in conjunction with Interactive Brokers (as part of the CME waiver), so always make sure IB TWS is started up first. I've noticed that sometimes as the DTN/IQ repeats it's failed login, it occasionally tries to startup TWS - even though I've already got it running.

I've looked at all the security settings on the MultiCharts icon, and cannot see anything. The only other thing that's worth mentioning, was turning off UAC before the upgrade. After the upgrade I've turned UAC back on. I've tried turning UAC on and off, and still get the same results.

Any other suggests would be appreciated.
Thanks!

harvester

Re: DTN/IQ Connection Issues After Upgrade To 8.5

Postby harvester » 07 Apr 2013

I wanted to update this issue, as I've continued to try different things.

It appears that trying to access DTN/IQ over the weekend may have contributed something to this problem. However, I have other platforms that also use DTN, and they did not have any issues pulling up data. In any case, I tried clicking on "Work Offline" on the DTN/IQ window, and it pulled up data to populate charts.

Now that the weekend is over it's pulling in data, but still tries to start up another session of IB TWS, as if I hadn't started it (as I always start TWS first before opening MultiCharts). At least it seems I'm back in business, but would like to figure out what's causing MultiCharts to think that TWS is not there.

Thanks!

Henry MultiСharts

Re: DTN/IQ Connection Issues After Upgrade To 8.5  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Apr 2013

Hello harvester,

Our developer has found a possible issue and fixed it. Please download the file corresponding to your version of MultiCharts:
32 bit: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27918922/MC_IQ_80_Test.zip
64 bit: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27918922/MC_IQ_80x64_Test.zip

Please unzip the file and follow the installation guide:
How to Install an Updater

If you do not want IB TWS to start automatically - disable the option "Launch trader workstation at start" in QuoteManager->Tools->DataSources->IB->Settings.

harvester

Re: DTN/IQ Connection Issues After Upgrade To 8.5

Postby harvester » 08 Apr 2013

Hi Henry,

I downloaded the 64 bit version for my system, and wanted to give feedback that it fixed the problem mentioned above, and another problem discovered along the way.

I had also found that some charts were missing some various days of data. For example on the @ES#, it was missing two weeks of data. It was like the last two weeks missing and just starting today at 4am my time. I called DTN/IQ and they had me clear cache, delete data, and perform a chart refresh, but did not work.

After installing this updater, I performed the sequence suggested by DTN/IQ support, and now working fine.

Thanks!

Return to “MultiCharts”