Bulk IQ / IB Symbol Mapping  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dwitkin

Bulk IQ / IB Symbol Mapping

Postby dwitkin » 20 Apr 2013

I'm new to MultiCharts and am trying to setup the software to trade all components of the S&P 500. I'm wondering if there is a way to import the symbol mapping. For example, is there a way to import the symbol mapping for all 500 symbols?

I'm using IQ Feed for backfill and charting, and IB for execution.

On a side note, I was unable to get the import symbol list function to work to import a list (e.g., the S&P 100) even though the data appeared to be formatted correctly. I've gone through the import symbol list instructions. Are there add'l suggestions on troubleshooting this function when it isn't working? Attached is my CSV file (changed extension to .txt for upload purposes). I also tried a tab-delimited file, but the result was the same.
Attachments
SP100.txt
SP 100 Symbol Import List
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 516 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bulk IQ / IB Symbol Mapping  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 May 2013

Hello dwitkin,

Unfortunately there is no way to import the symbol mapping for multiple symbols at once.
Though symbol mapping can be created properly automatically in the following case:
1) add all IB stocks you are going to trade from the data source (QuoteManager->Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> IB);
2) add all IQFeed symbols you are going to use;
3) open a chart for IQfeed symbol;
4) open chart trading panel and select IB broker profile;
5) the proper symbol mapping line should be automatically created.
On a side note, I was unable to get the import symbol list function to work to import a list (e.g., the S&P 100) even though the data appeared to be formatted correctly.
The category of the instrument should be listed as "Stocks" in the file, instead of "Stock".

Code: Select all

AAPL,Apple Inc.,NASDAQ,Stocks
ABT,Abbott Laboratories,NYSE,Stocks...

Return to “MultiCharts”