Patsystem still with memory leak

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
radekj

Patsystem still with memory leak

Postby radekj » 23 Apr 2013

Hi,

like i wrote in my old post (2 years ago) patsystem datasource has memory leak.
Last tests with MC 8.5 x32 and x64 here a link with snap
(after 4hours online MC consumed over 4GB data with patsystem):

http://screencast.com/t/H052MplI7hIQ

ciao
radekj

ps: dont ask me for access to my machine, it is a company computer.

Win 7pro x64 English, MC 8.5 x32 & x64

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Patsystem still with memory leak

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Apr 2013

Hello radekj,

1) Please send me (support@multicharts.com) the following information for further investigation:
- workspace you are using
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using on your workspaces, make a right click on them->Export data->Export instrument. You need to export them with data. Send me the Qmd export file for analysis. If the file is >10mb then upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download oink.

2) Please go to Start->Run->regedit.exe
Open the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts64\TraderServer\Systems\PATsATSystem\LoggingLevel
What is the value of “PatsLoggingLevel” key?

Please set this value to zero.

3) Was the tsserver.exe memory usage always like that when using PATS? Did it start from a particular MultiCharts version?
4) Do you have the same problem using MultiCharts on a different PC?
5) Do you use any datafeeds different from PATS? What if you plot the same amount of data but from a different data provider-what is the memory usage in this case?
6) Do you have a service scanner or DOM window open (View tab->Show DOM, Show scanner) with PATS symbols?
7) Is PATS broker profile connected?
8 ) Do you have any open positions/active orders on your PATS account?
9) Do you have this problem on a constant basis or it can be replicated during a certain time period only? What are the exact steps to replicate it?
10) Do you have a stable Internet connection? Dщ you have MC authorization server disconnects or PATS data/broker disconnects (you can trace it in QuoteManager->Event log/MultiCharts->File->Тew->Order and position tracker->Logs tab)?

Next time this behavior appears:
11) Send me a full sized screenshot of the main MultiCharts window and MultiCharts logs (Help tab->Feedback->Send logs).
12) Open MC installation folder: right click on the MC shortcut –> Properties –> "Shortcut" tab –> select "open file location".
What is the total size of PatsDLLTrace_*.Log files? (from time to time you can delete these files if they are too heavy)

Return to “MultiCharts”