MULTICHARTS 8.7 BETA 1

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

MULTICHARTS 8.7 BETA 1

Postby admin » 02 May 2013

MultiCharts 8.7 Beta 1 is a minor upgrade that is a first step to a large release. Main improvement is inclusion timestamp support up to MICROseconds from data vendors that support them (milliseconds are also supported). We also filled a number of user requests from PM, made the UI more convenient and added new keywords.

Learn more...

SP

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.7 BETA 1

Postby SP » 02 May 2013

Thanks for the Times and Sales and the aggregation option. Looks good.

Is it possible to add one more option for the aggregation method to stop the aggregation
if the traded at bid or traded at ask changes.
At the moment if we have 500 bid @ 95.50 and 500 ask @ 95.75 and we trade the 500 at bid
the background color is blue, if now the bid changes to 95.25 and the ask to 95.50 and we trade
another 200 contracts @ 95.50 the aggregation shows 700 traded at 95.50 at one row, but with a green background. Could there be added the option that the aggregation stopps with the (bid/ask/filled at) change?

So it shows 500 @ 95.50 with a blue background and a new row with 200 @ 95.50 with a green background.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 02 May 2013

Thanks for the delete study confirmation prompt.

Also, I like the way you provide the link to the PM request in your new release notes.

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 May 2013

Thanks for the Times and Sales and the aggregation option. Looks good.

Is it possible to add one more option for the aggregation method to stop the aggregation
if the traded at bid or traded at ask changes.
At the moment if we have 500 bid @ 95.50 and 500 ask @ 95.75 and we trade the 500 at bid
the background color is blue, if now the bid changes to 95.25 and the ask to 95.50 and we trade
another 200 contracts @ 95.50 the aggregation shows 700 traded at 95.50 at one row, but with a green background. Could there be added the option that the aggregation stopps with the (bid/ask/filled at) change?

So it shows 500 @ 95.50 with a blue background and a new row with 200 @ 95.50 with a green background.

Personally I would prefer to add a second column so we could have that separation you talk about side by side.
Similar to what we can see on image below.
Left T&S show aggregated bids and on the right aggregated offers.

I actually have each window on each side of the DOM which give a great setup for us to see how the resting orders are being managed while volume is being built on each side of the market.

The problem though is this occupies to much space on my screen.
So if we could have another option to add another column would be great or maybe two columns. Since there's one for the volume (total), we would have one for bid and another for offer.
Attachments
TnS01.png
(44.35 KiB) Downloaded 7927 times
TnS02.png
(40.03 KiB) Downloaded 8043 times

bailey

Postby bailey » 03 May 2013

Ascii quotes which were mapped, do not contain data anymore.

Do somebody have same problem ?
I tried to delete and map again same csv files in MC 8.7 but there are still no data.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 May 2013

I tried to delete and map again same csv files in MC 8.7 but there are still no data.

Hello bailey,

Please send us a sample file as well as screenshots showing the issue so we can check the problem on our end.

sptrader

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.7 BETA 1- Iqfeed 5 NOW Available !

Postby sptrader » 03 May 2013

I just noticed that Iqfeed 5 (millisecond timestamps) is NOW out of beta testing and is available for immediate download...
// http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?display ... n=download

bailey

Postby bailey » 03 May 2013

Hello bailey,

Please send us a sample file as well as screenshots showing the issue so we can check the problem on our end.

Hello Dave,

Take a look on a atached archiv which contains, sample dataset and 2 screenshorts.
This data is recognised in MC 8.5 but not in 8.7.

Thanks a lot.
Attachments
ASCII files.rar
(53.72 KiB) Downloaded 929 times

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 03 May 2013

It was mentioned that "full access to command line functionality will be available from within the code" in Multicharts 8.7 but I don't find this feature in the list of new additions.

Please see this thread on automatic data re-loading upon losing internet connection and specifically post number 23 by Henry.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12010

Thanks for clarifying
-Hilbert

arnie

Postby arnie » 03 May 2013

It was mentioned that "full access to command line functionality will be available from within the code" in Multicharts 8.7 but I don't find this feature in the list of new additions.

Please see this thread on automatic data re-loading upon losing internet connection and specifically post number 23 by Henry.

Thanks for clarifying
-Hilbert

This is only beta 1.
There will be a beta 2.
There's already features targeted for beta 2.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 03 May 2013

Thanks for clarifying
-Hilbert

This is only beta 1.
There will be a beta 2.
Arnie - There is confusion here. If you look at this project management link, this functionality has already been implemented and is present in beta 1 of 8.7
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

If you see the latest post by Andrew in this link (dated April 26), it says that this feature has been implemented.
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-504

However, here in the link (same link as given in post#1 in this thread), there is no mention of this feature in beta 1 of 8.7
https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/?p=923

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 06 May 2013

Thank you for the Time and Sales. Just one request, please make it possible to make the window narrower. If you only display price and volume a huge amount of screen space is wasted.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 May 2013

Thanks for clarifying
-Hilbert

This is only beta 1.
There will be a beta 2.
Arnie - There is confusion here. If you look at this project management link, this functionality has already been implemented and is present in beta 1 of 8.7
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

If you see the latest post by Andrew in this link (dated April 26), it says that this feature has been implemented.
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-504

However, here in the link (same link as given in post#1 in this thread), there is no mention of this feature in beta 1 of 8.7
https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/?p=923

Hello Hilbert,

This functionality has already been implemented. Release notes will be updated. I apologize for the confusion. MC Wiki article describing new keywords and examples of code is in the works and should be available within a week.

ABC

Postby ABC » 06 May 2013

MC lacks the ability to retrieve the exit price of a strategy via the broker with a reserved word.
Monitoring a change in the market position and taking the last traded price then works like 7 out of 10 times, but in a fast market it's 1-2 ticks off. Which can become a problem.

The information is already present in the order and position tracker, so I am sure something like ExitPrice_at_Broker is not hard to implement. By the way it would be a really great addition to MC, if you could access all the information from the order and position tracker and not only some.

Regards,
ABC

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 07 May 2013

MC lacks the ability to retrieve the exit price of a strategy via the broker with a reserved word.
Monitoring a change in the market position and taking the last traded price then works like 7 out of 10 times, but in a fast market it's 1-2 ticks off. Which can become a problem.

The information is already present in the order and position tracker, so I am sure something like ExitPrice_at_Broker is not hard to implement. By the way it would be a really great addition to MC, if you could access all the information from the order and position tracker and not only some.

Regards,
ABC
Hello ABC,

Thank you for your suggestion. This feature has been added to our to-do list.

Dave Masalov

Thank you for the Time and Sales. Just one request, please make it possible to make the window narrower. If you only display price and volume a huge amount of screen space is wasted.
Hello Geoff,

Thank you for your suggestion. Your request has been forwarded to the developers and will be considered for future implementation.

SP

Postby SP » 07 May 2013

Will the next beta contain some new key words for text and trendlines
to use the microsecond timestamps (Text_New_MicroS and TL_New_MicroS)?

Dave Masalov

Will the next beta contain some new key words for text and trendlines
to use the microsecond timestamps (Text_New_MicroS and TL_New_MicroS)?
Hello,

Microsecond keywords are already available in 8.7 Beta1. MC Wiki will be updated shortly. PowerLanguage Editor context help will be updated in 8.7 Beta2.

Here is the list of these keywords:

DateTime - time and date of the bar in Julian format.
datetimetostring_ms

Drawings with time coordinates in DateTime(Julian) format:
tl_new_dt
tl_new_self_dt
mc_tl_new_dt
mc_tl_new_self_dt
tl_setbegin_dt
tl_setend_dt
tl_getbegin_dt
tl_getend_dt
tl_getvalue_dt
text_new_dt
text_new_self_dt
text_setlocation_dt
text_gettime_dt

arw_new_dt
arw_new_self_dt
arw_setlocation_dt
arw_gettime_dt

Strategy orders information in DateTime(Julian) format:
entrydatetime
exitdatetime
entrydatetime_checked
exitdatetime_checked

MillisecondsFromDateTime - now returns milliseconds values(0-999)for DateTime in Julian format.

Status line time in DateTime format - q_time_dt

bailey

Postby bailey » 07 May 2013

Hello bailey,

Hello Dave,

Take a look on a atached archiv which contains, sample dataset and 2 screenshorts.
This data is recognised in MC 8.5 but not in 8.7.

Thanks a lot.

Any updates about this issue ?

I testet the same situation on a second machine. Same problem. The mapped ASCII File does not contain any data.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 May 2013

I testet the same situation on a second machine. Same problem. The mapped ASCII File does not contain any data.
Hello bailey,

Your files work fine on our end. Please ssee attached scrrensots showing two ways to map your files.

If the problem persists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

As for your screenshot 2013-05-03 20_08_46-EURUSD - Edit Data.png, if you are using ASCII Mapping, you won't see data in the Edit Data window. It is expected behavior.
Attachments
1.png
(65.5 KiB) Downloaded 6446 times
2.png
(61.94 KiB) Downloaded 6473 times

bailey

Postby bailey » 08 May 2013

Hello bailey,

Your files work fine on our end. Please ssee attached scrrensots showing two ways to map your files.

If the problem persists, please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST so we can help you: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

As for your screenshot 2013-05-03 20_08_46-EURUSD - Edit Data.png, if you are using ASCII Mapping, you won't see data in the Edit Data window. It is expected behavior.

Hello Dave,

Try please a GENETIC Optimisation and WFO with acsii mapped data.
With genetic WFO i got an empty result-table and with genetic optimisation there is a dynamic array bound exeption with empty result table to.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 09 May 2013

Hello bailey,

Hello Dave,

Try please a GENETIC Optimisation and WFO with acsii mapped data.
With genetic WFO i got an empty result-table and with genetic optimisation there is a dynamic array bound exeption with empty result table to.
Hello bailey,

We failed to reproduce the issue. Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 10 May 2013

Today I've notice a problem with MC 8.7 b1 64 bit and IQFeed 5.0 in reloading data (CTRL+R).
I've found many "bad ticks" on my chart (all charts....EuroFX, DAX ecc... ecc...) that there weren't during real time datafeed.
It appears only after a reload data based on ticks
It's a IQfeed problem or a Multicharts problem ?
Does anyone has the same problem ?
Take a look at picture attached

arnie

Postby arnie » 10 May 2013

Today I've notice a problem with MC 8.7 b1 64 bit and IQFeed 5.0 in reloading data (CTRL+R).
I've found many "bad ticks" on my chart (all charts....EuroFX, DAX ecc... ecc...) that there weren't during real time datafeed.
It's a known issue.
Roll back to IQFeed 4.9.
Last edited by arnie on 10 May 2013, edited 1 time in total.

ABC

Postby ABC » 10 May 2013

I have talked to a friend who had similar issues (with the same setup like you are using IQFeed 5 and MC 8.7) and they were gone once he rolled back to MC 8.5. So I'd assume the issue comes from MC.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 May 2013

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

Our developer has fixed the spikes issue with MC 8.7 beta 1 and IQ Feed 5.0.0.11.
Please download the file corresponding to your version of MultiCharts:
32 bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... _IQ_87.zip
64 bit: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/279 ... _87x64.zip

Please unzip the file into a folder on your PC and follow the installation guide:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... an_Updater

bailey

Postby bailey » 12 May 2013

Hello bailey,

We failed to reproduce the issue. Please come to our Live Chat Mon-Fri from 6:30 AM to 4 PM EST to demonstrate the issue: http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

This code generates dynamic array bound exeption in MC 8.7 during genetic optimisation (MC 8.5 worked well)

Code: Select all

if LastBarOnChart_s then
begin
SetCustomFitnessValue(SharpeRatio(0, InterestRate, LastBarOnChart_s, InitialCapital));
end;

arnie

Postby arnie » 12 May 2013

Hey guys, it seems there's something off.

A 4 point ES price chart and as data series 1 and a 4 point ES cumulative delta chart as data series 2.
The developing POC on data series 1 is only plotting on the last session (RTH session template).
This is how things should be and are till we start to change both data series periodicities.

First example, change the periodicity of both data series, 5 minutes for example.
Then get back to 4 point.
The developing POC get's extended to the left and we can see delta bars out of sync with price bars.
Reloading the data fixes the issue, until we start change periodicities again.

And if we continue to change periodicities we will end up with with another result.
See now how the developing POC is only on the last bar.
Again, reloading the data fixes the issue, until we change periodicity again.

I'm on IQFeed 5
Attachments
sync03.png
(45.05 KiB) Downloaded 7486 times
sync02.png
(44.33 KiB) Downloaded 7498 times
sync01.png
(43.98 KiB) Downloaded 7527 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 13 May 2013

The developing POC get's extended to the left and we can see delta bars out of sync with price bars.
Hello arnie,

Thank you for reporting. Please explain the cumulative delta issue in details.

arnie

Postby arnie » 13 May 2013

Hello arnie,

Thank you for reporting. Please explain the cumulative delta issue in details.
I'll be in live chat in an hour or so.
It's easier for you guys see what is happening.

arnie

Postby arnie » 14 May 2013

Here is another issue with beta1.
The status line resolution dropdown is not saving the last resolutions used.

This is what it look like before closing MC.

This is what it looks like after re-initiating MC.

Attachments
after.png
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 7456 times
before.png
(11.8 KiB) Downloaded 7411 times

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 15 May 2013

Market Depth on Chart does not work properly on MC 8.7
It works fine till MC 8.5

maybe could be the millisecond/microsecond time resolution for the Tline of the DOM level ?

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 15 May 2013

maybe could be the millisecond/microsecond time resolution for the Tline of the DOM level ?
The problem is in millisecond and microsecond time of the new MC 8.7 about the function present in the code which calculate the "now" Date/time.

Code: Select all

jul_dt = el_datetodatetime(date) + eltimetodatetime_s(time_s);

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 May 2013

Hello CrazyNasdaq,

This issue will be fixed in MultiCharts 8.7 beta 2.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 15 May 2013

The problem with MC not connecting to Iq after an internet drop has re-occurred.

Ib reconnects however.

Henry MultiСharts wrote:
jl12, please provide the following information:
1) tell me what exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you using (Help -> About MultiCharts);
2) what is the version of iQFeed client installed on your PC;
3) have you installed any updaters for MultiCharts related to IQFeed connection?
4) after the connection is restored - can you see realtime updates in IQFeed diagnostics?
5) have you tried to leave MultiCharts running for some time-will it reconnect to IQFeed or not?
6) if you plot a new chart after reconnect-will MultiCharts connect to iQFeed and plot the data ok?

1. 8.7 Beta 1 (Build 7128)
2. iq 4903
3. Yes
4 yes Iq feed reconnects after internet has come back up.

5 No
6 No

I have had a couple of internet drops in the last 2 days and mc reconnected, so I will monitor the problem. Internet is stable at the moment

jl12

display truncation error for Delta

Postby jl12 » 16 May 2013

See Screen grab as scale is reduced the last digit is lost.
see attachment delta of -379 becomes 37
numbertruncation.png
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 7025 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 May 2013

The problem with MC not connecting to Iq after an internet drop has re-occurred.
Ib reconnects however.
3) have you installed any updaters for MultiCharts related to IQFeed connection?

3. Yes
Which exact updater have you installed?

jl12

Postby jl12 » 16 May 2013

deltadislay1.png
(29.08 KiB) Downloaded 6834 times
There is a problem when changing the scale on delta display, as the scale is reduced the last digit can be lost eg 99 not 995 as in the example.

This highlights the variable scaling issue, the cell with 497 in the earlier bar is larger than the cell for 995 so it is not possible to see display error from the cell size.

The ability to set a fixed bar cell size would make the chart far more consistent and easier to interpret.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 May 2013

See Screen grab as scale is reduced the last digit is lost.
see attachment delta of -379 becomes 37
numbertruncation.png
deltadislay1.png
There is a problem when changing the scale on delta display, as the scale is reduced the last digit can be lost eg 99 not 995 as in the example.
This highlights the variable scaling issue, the cell with 497 in the earlier bar is larger than the cell for 995 so it is not possible to see display error from the cell size.
The ability to set a fixed bar cell size would make the chart far more consistent and easier to interpret.
Hello jl12,

This issue will be fixed in MultiCharts 8.7 beta 2.

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 21 May 2013

On my tick charts the time has too many digits, it has millisecond.. so its 13:51:27.000 how can I make it so that the time scale doesnt have so many significant digits?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 22 May 2013

On my tick charts the time has too many digits, it has millisecond.. so its 13:51:27.000 how can I make it so that the time scale doesnt have so many significant digits?
KhaosTrader,

There is no way to reduce the number of digits. Milliseconds are displayed only on tick charts. We believe that this information is important for traders.

arjfca

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.7 BETA 1 / Rectangle date & time

Postby arjfca » 22 May 2013

Hello Andrew

I installed the latest beta version to resolve the date & time of a rectagle that was not respected. It work, but another strange behavior now occur

Draw a rectangle up to a space further in time than the last bar on a chart. The rectangle will be draw, A next bar comme along, the rectangle is split in two section. First stop at the last displayed bar and the 2' to the right of the workspace. Next bar come along, the rectangle desapear and only the first one stay on the chart.

If I manually edit the date & time of the rectagle, then the localisation is respected.

I took 3 snap picture to show the problem

Martin
Attachments
Snap3.png
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 6724 times
Snap2.png
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 6585 times
Snap1.png
(8.9 KiB) Downloaded 6429 times

Dave Masalov

Re: MULTICHARTS 8.7 BETA 1 / Rectangle date & time

Postby Dave Masalov » 22 May 2013

Hello Andrew

I installed the latest beta version to resolve the date & time of a rectagle that was not respected. It work, but another strange behavior now occur

Draw a rectangle up to a space further in time than the last bar on a chart. The rectangle will be draw, A next bar comme along, the rectangle is split in two section. First stop at the last displayed bar and the 2' to the right of the workspace. Next bar come along, the rectangle desapear and only the first one stay on the chart.

If I manually edit the date & time of the rectagle, then the localisation is respected.

I took 3 snap picture to show the problem

Martin
Hello Martin,

The issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.

KhaosTrader

problems with FXCM

Postby KhaosTrader » 24 May 2013

I installed FxOrder2go, and i can connect 1 time, but if I disconnect , I can never reconnect. Also if I get it to work, after a few minutes the chart trader has a lot of problems.. if i start moving stops and targets around a bit.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: problems with FXCM

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 May 2013

I installed FxOrder2go, and i can connect 1 time, but if I disconnect , I can never reconnect. Also if I get it to work, after a few minutes the chart trader has a lot of problems.. if i start moving stops and targets around a bit.
Hello KhaosTrader,

We were unable to replicate this behavior in our environment. Please do the following:
1) update FxOrder2go from this link: http://www.fxcorporate.com/Order2Go/FXOrder2Go.EXE
2) Repair MultiCharts: go to Windows Control Panel-> Programs and Feature if it’s Windows 7(Add or Remove Programs if it’s Windows XP)-> MultiCharts-> double left click –> Next-> Repair.
3) Restart your PC.

If this solution didn't help and you still have the issue-please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST (except next Monday May, 27 - This is a public holiday).

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 26 May 2013

Can "MC 8.7 beta 1 32 bit" run without the Microsoft Net Framework update (it wants to download SP3)? It is a big download (in both time and size) and I have decide to back off on the upgrade for now if it will not run without it. I am still running Win XP with 3 gig of memory and have not had time nor need to updated to Win 7. Maybe running on XP will also cause a problem when trying to run 'MC 8.7 beta 1 32 bit"

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 28 May 2013

Can "MC 8.7 beta 1 32 bit" run without the Microsoft Net Framework update (it wants to download SP3)? It is a big download (in both time and size) and I have decide to back off on the upgrade for now if it will not run without it. I am still running Win XP with 3 gig of memory and have not had time nor need to updated to Win 7. Maybe running on XP will also cause a problem when trying to run 'MC 8.7 beta 1 32 bit"
Hello bowlesj3,

That is recommended to have the required version of Net Framework installed in your system.
MultiCharts 8.7 should run fine without MS Net Framework, though Volume Profile functionality will be missing.

If you still want to install MultiCharts 8.7 without Net Framework you will need to change the registry key value "Version" to "3.5.30729.01" in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 28 May 2013

Hi Henry,

That's great! I will try upgrading this weekend without the Net Framework since I do not use volume profile (I don't even use volume - LOL).

Thanks so much!
John

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 29 May 2013

KhaosTrader,

There is no way to reduce the number of digits. Milliseconds are displayed only on tick charts. We believe that this information is important for traders.
As a trader I disagree, it makes the chart time very difficult to read.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2013

As a trader I disagree, it makes the chart time very difficult to read.
We will make the millisecond timestamps on X-axis optional in one of the next versions of MultiCharts (after 8.7 beta 2).

admin

Postby admin » 30 May 2013

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 15 Oct 2013

Regards,
ABC
Please read about this feature scheduled for MC 9.1: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1497

Return to “MultiCharts”