Big Point value incorrect for some futures contracts  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
robbob

Big Point value incorrect for some futures contracts

Postby robbob » 04 May 2013

It looks as though for some futures contracts the big point value is defaulting to 1. I realize I can go into the quote manager and manually change it. The current settings for the symbols is to use the "Exchange & ECN settings".

QCL# for example is properly showing a big point value of 1000, but QNG# is incorrectly showing a big point value of 1, instead of 10000.

Is there a reason some contracts are getting the proper contract specifications from the exchange and others are not? It would be nice to not have to manually edit the contract definitions for all the contracts that don't have a correct big point value. I'm using IQFeed as my data provider.

Thanks,
-Rob

TJ

Re: Big Point value incorrect for some futures contracts

Postby TJ » 04 May 2013

It looks as though for some futures contracts the big point value is defaulting to 1. I realize I can go into the quote manager and manually change it. The current settings for the symbols is to use the "Exchange & ECN settings".

QCL# for example is properly showing a big point value of 1000, but QNG# is incorrectly showing a big point value of 1, instead of 10000.

Is there a reason some contracts are getting the proper contract specifications from the exchange and others are not? It would be nice to not have to manually edit the contract definitions for all the contracts that don't have a correct big point value. I'm using IQFeed as my data provider.

Thanks,
-Rob
did you Add Symbol through From Data Source ?

robbob

Postby robbob » 06 May 2013

I may not have done that for this symbol. I just tried deleting the contract from the quote manager and then adding it as I did for the other contracts, but searching for the symbol and then adding it to the list. It still is showing a big point value of 1 however for QHO.

Any other ideas?

thanks,
-Rob

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Big Point value incorrect for some futures contracts  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 May 2013

Hello Rob,

Generally instrument settings for futures symbol are applied from:
1) API when added from the data provider (if API provides the symbol lsettings) ;
2) based on the symbol root:
- from Symbol Dictionary of the data provider, if such dictionary is present in QuoteManager->Tools->Symbol Dictionary;
- from Default Symbol Dictionary for the data providers that do not have their own Symbol Dictionary in QuoteManager;
3) from Exchange settings (if 1 and 2 were not applicable).

IQFeed API does not return the symbol settings, in QuoteManager->Tools->Symbol Dictionary there is a Symbol Dictionary for IQFeed. If the root is found in the Symbol Dictionary upon adding procedure-the Symbol Dictionary settings are applied.

QCL# symbol was added with correct settings because QCL symbol was added to your IQFeed Symbol Dictionary before.
In order to have QNG# symbol added with correct settings you need to add QNG root to IQFeed Symbol Dictionary

robbob

Postby robbob » 15 May 2013

Thanks for your help Henry, this took care of the problem.

Return to “MultiCharts”