Plot Day and Night Sessions in Two Different Charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spaceant

Plot Day and Night Sessions in Two Different Charts

Postby Spaceant » 07 May 2013

Hi Folks,

Well, I have been using a strategy to autotrade the day sessions of a future, in which the previous days' trading ranges are referred to.

The exchange has started to have night sessions in recent months. I would like to continue to use my old strategy to trade the day sessions and want to use another yet-to-develop strategy to trade the night sessions.

I know that I can amend the "sessions" under the Exchange under QuoteManager to include the night sessions. This WILL MESS UP the previous days' 'trading ranges' of the charts as the night sessions will likely to widen the ranges, which is what I don't want.

Is there any trick to fillful what I need, i.e. plotting one chart for the day sessions only while plotting another chart for the day + night sessions?

Regards,

SA

TJ

Re: Plot Day and Night Sessions in Two Different Charts

Postby TJ » 07 May 2013

Hi Folks,
Is there any trick to fillful what I need, i.e. plotting one chart for the day sessions only while plotting another chart for the day + night sessions?
Regards,
SA
There is no tricks... just make a new chart and plot whatever you like.
Give it a try and let us know how it looks.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 08 May 2013

Henry and TJ,

Thanks for your inputs.

It seems that I may have confused you. What I want is to plot the following: -

1) During day trading session, only one chart plotting bars on day sessions only (including previous days', while neglecting the night sessions' data). Say, this is workspace ONE.

2) During night trading session, I will close the wordspace ONE. I want to plat another chart showing bars on both day and night sessions. Say, this is workspace TWO.

As the two charts are plotting the same symbol, is there any way to maniputate to hide same part of the data bars whille the other chart shows all data bars?

SA

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 May 2013

is there any way to maniputate to hide same part of the data bars whille the other chart shows all data bars?
Yes, you can do that with a custom session template. Here is how to create it, here is how to apply it to your chart.

Return to “MultiCharts”