Zen-Fire Data Feed  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Zen-Fire Data Feed

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2006

Are there any plans to incorporate the Zen-Fire data feed?

Thanks.........

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 09 Aug 2006

We aren't really acquainted with that data source so there's no plans to include it now; could you please share some information on Zen-Fire and post it to the features request thread? (http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=938)

We will consider adding this if there's enough user demands; if that data source supports DDE, you can already use its realtime data.

fs

Postby fs » 10 Aug 2006

There aren't really much information about it. Their website is www.zen-fire.com, but is pretty much empty without any contact information.

However, several brokers are offering it now to trade through. It is extremely fast and one does not experience lagging feeds like with e-signal for example if the market becomes really fast.

NT has an option available to feed their data and charts and obviously to make trades to the brokers which support the zen-fire connection. If NT can use them, they must be having some kind of API which MC probably can use as well. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to get hold of the zen-fire people, but this will be nice if MC can make use of them.

- Fanus

Postby Guest » 31 Oct 2006

Any news on a Zen fire datafeed?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 01 Nov 2006

No news so far.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 07 Dec 2007

I just wanted to bring this issue back up again.

Anyone that uses NT probably has heard of Zen-Fire data engine by now. I use it in my trading through Mirus Futures (an IB of Dorman Trading). It is very fast and does not get bogged down in fast markets. I tried searching on how to get the data feed into the Quote Manager, but I could not find anything except this one thread.

Can you re-visit this issue? Will it be possible to use the same data feed to NT to feed into MC?

Thanks,
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

frank saunders

Postby frank saunders » 10 Dec 2007

I know several people that would benefit using Zen-fire with Multi charts
Please consider this request
Thank You

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 11 Dec 2007

We will consider this suggestion. However, in the nearest future, we are planning to add more popular brokers.

Regards.

frank saunders

Postby frank saunders » 12 Dec 2007

Marina,
Thank you for your response.
Would you be willing to give us a list of the data feed providers or brokers you are considering?

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 13 Dec 2007

NT is not a broker, it is a popular order entry front end.
Zen-Fire is one of the fastest order entry/data feeds.

Mirus Futures just happens to support NT w/ ZenFire for their clients.
Just like Infinity has endorsed another (albeit, inferior, in my opinion) front end but gives kickbacks to vendors that send clients their way. I actually pay $50/mo for NT. I used to use Patsystems, but NT is much better IMO.

NT has long stood on it's own as a first rate order entry front end and I was just wondering how to get Zen-Fire data into QuoteManager. So, from what it sounds like, I guess that's off the table.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Dec 2007

In my previous post I was referring to Zen-Fire - since Frank was talking about getting Zen-Fire to work with MultiCharts. According to our information, it is both a datafeed and a system for order execution.

We are not planning to add Zen-Fire in the nearest future.

Best regards.

cosmic

Zen Fire Feed

Postby cosmic » 30 Mar 2008

TSS,
please consider adding the ZenFire Feed to your choices of supported datafeeds. Zen Fire is rock solid & even a bit faster than Transacts AT feed, in other words a must have, if only for backup reasons.

imho a very worthwhile option for all MC users!

Thanks for considering it & good sunday,

cosmic

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Mar 2008

Hi cosmic,

We have already contacted ZenFire about their data feed and have been promised their API. We haven't received the API yet. But we believe we'll be able to add this data feed within the next few months.

cosmic

Postby cosmic » 31 Mar 2008

thanks for the quick update Marina, good job!!

Cheers,
cosmic

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 31 Mar 2008

Marina, you like Cosmic more than me. :(

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Apr 2008

Hi RobotMan,

A lot has changed since we discussed Zen-Fire last time. We have received many requests from our customers to add this datafeed and decided that we should start working in that direction.

digilocity

Postby digilocity » 05 Apr 2008

Marina...

You make me a happy man. My trial of Zen-Fire (via Mirus Futures) has shown excellent performance, not just real-time tick but chart load / refresh as well (very fast). It would be wonderful to finally be able to use the Zen-Fire data feed with MultiCharts.

Does TS Support plan to implement trade execution direct to Zen-Fire?

Kind regards,

Stephen Turner

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 06 Apr 2008

That would be so awesome Stephen! I second the emotion.

I use Multicharts/powerlanguage for charting and then I "chart trade" off of NT/ZenFire thru Mirus. I am contemplating having someone port my indicators and studies over to C# (Ninjascript) so that I am not looking at so much "stuff" while I trade. But then I lose control of quickly trying new things which I can easily do in MC (which I would hate to give up).
I love the NT ATM and I also use a lot of real time depth of market (all 5 levels) studies that forces me to use both programs because MC can't do a lot of what NT can do (and visa-versa).

Maybe when MC 4.0 is released?! (just dreaming, Marina!)

Bob Perry
Los Altos, Ca

Marina Pashkova

[SOLVED]

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Apr 2008

Marina...

You make me a happy man. My trial of Zen-Fire (via Mirus Futures) has shown excellent performance, not just real-time tick but chart load / refresh as well (very fast). It would be wonderful to finally be able to use the Zen-Fire data feed with MultiCharts.

Does TS Support plan to implement trade execution direct to Zen-Fire?

Kind regards,

Stephen Turner
Hi Stephen,

We are definitely going to add Zen-Fire as a datafeed. As for adding it for direct trade executions, if we receive a lot of requests from our customer we wil consider supporting them as a broker as well.

dupl

Postby dupl » 11 Apr 2008

I did test Zenfire also, it is really fast!

Do they have a website, or who is Zenfire? Mirus Futures?

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 11 Apr 2008

Zen-fire feed is available through the FCM Dorman http://www.dormantrading.com/OnlineTrading/NT.aspx or it's introducing brokers including Mirus http://www.mirusfutures.com/ or http://www.ampfutures.com/

dupl

Postby dupl » 12 Apr 2008

Thanks Geoff!

But this firms are only distributors of this feed, correct?

But who is Zenfire?
Who generates/produces the Zenfire datafeed?

trader

Postby trader » 12 Apr 2008

If populating a chart using the Zen-Fire data feed, can someone recommend a separate source/solution for historical and after market data refresh purposes?

thank you,
Trader

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 13 Apr 2008

Thanks Geoff!

But this firms are only distributors of this feed, correct?

But who is Zenfire?
Who generates/produces the Zenfire datafeed?
Dorman produces the feed which why it is only available from them and their IB's.

TJ

Postby TJ » 23 Apr 2008

Hi RobotMan,

A lot has changed since we discussed Zen-Fire last time. We have received many requests from our customers to add this datafeed and decided that we should start working in that direction.
that's good news.
it is always good to have a backup datafeed.

Zora

Postby Zora » 25 Apr 2008

This is excellent news. With the trading room group I participate in, just guesstimating, I would say that Zenfire is the most popular and used datafeed/broker technology.

Return to “MultiCharts”