windows-style export/import window

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
kernel

windows-style export/import window

Postby kernel » 21 May 2013

Hi there,

Just exported hundreds of functions/indicators/signals of my own...my eyes were sore and my finger was numb, because I'd like to export just my own instead of all the built-ins that come with MC. To ensure that, you'd have to cherry-pick them one by one. Although I created three folders inside the navigator window of the Powerlanguage Editor named "mine" under the three categories and put all my own stuff into them, the export window is not a windows-style window that supports folders, as the consequence of that, all functions/indicators/signals are mixed together including your own and all the built-ins. There's a check box on top to let you specify the category among the three, however, there's still no way to separate your own stuff with all the built-ins.

What I'd like to see is an export window that supports "folders" and "folder-operations" such as creation, deletion, drag n drop, etc.....by the way, I can't believe the export window does not even support multiple object selection by pushing the shift/ctrl key while clicking (typical windows conventions that a windows-app should support.)

k

Henry MultiСharts

Re: windows-style export/import window

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 May 2013

What I'd like to see is an export window that supports "folders" and "folder-operations" such as creation, deletion, drag n drop, etc.....
Hello kernel,

Please submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/
export window does not even support multiple object selection by pushing the shift/ctrl key while clicking (typical windows conventions that a windows-app should support.)
Pushing the shift/ctrl key while clicking is just highlighting multiple rows. In order to put a checkbox you need to press Space from your keyboard (like in any other windows-style window).

kernel

Postby kernel » 23 May 2013

A picture is worth a thousand words, to illustrate the idea, please refer to the screenshots below.

In Powerlanguage Editor's navigator window, I have each folder named "mine" under each category, "functions", "indicators", and "signals".

When you export/import, most just want to export/import those of their own instead of all built-ins that come with MC, because the current MC implementation treats them indiscriminately and mixes the built-ins and your own all together, you'd have to cherry-pick your own stuff one by one, which is quite a tedious and time-consuming when you have hundreds of your own. To make life easier, adding folder support and folder operation support inside the export/import window will do. That way, you may simply export a folder containing all the strategies of interest instead of cherry-picking them one by one. The folder structure in export/import window should be the identical to that in the Powerlanguage editor's navigator window on the right side under "studies".

What I'd like to see here, is the same folder structure as in Powerlanguage editor's navigator window, which shows the folder I created for my own stuff and named "mine" as shown above, so I may choose to export just that folder or into that folder only.

Hope this benefits others as it to me.
Attachments
folder3.jpg
(124.89 KiB) Downloaded 987 times
folder1.jpg
(18.93 KiB) Downloaded 917 times
Last edited by kernel on 23 May 2013, edited 4 times in total.

kernel

Postby kernel » 23 May 2013

TJ,

Thanks for the echo.

The picture you posted shows the file structure in Powerlanguage editor's navigator window. MC currently supports folder operations in that. What I addressed is the same folder operation support in export/import window.

In reality, if you feel cumbersome, chances are, you are not the only one. :-)

cheers,

-k

p.s.:
Compared to the WFO/GA optimization issue I raised in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18402), if this folder-support issue is rated 1 in term of urgency, IMHO, the WFO/GA optimization issue should be rated 10 in the scale of 1 to 10, which needs to be taken care of asap.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 May 2013

Kernel, the concept was clear without the second description.
I have asked you to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it and we can see the real demand for it.

kernel

Postby kernel » 25 May 2013

Henry,

I'm reading the pm page and figuring out where it fits in.

-k

Return to “MultiCharts”