Indicators Missing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

Indicators Missing

Postby widgetman » 18 Aug 2006

Hi,
I have been using the latest beta version, and ran into a weird issue upon loading my charts today. When I opened my workspaces I noticed on my charts that all of my Indicators and Signals were gone. I opened the editor and saw that I could only open functions. The Indicator and Signal check boxes were grayed out. I went to the ELSRC folder and luckily all of my source files were still there. To correct this problem I had to do a repair and then open each file and compile it again. Although this was not a real big deal it worries me about future work. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Aug 2006

This issue has been observed before and it's very nagging especially that we're having problems localizing and reproducing it.

We're going to create and release in a few days a special beta version with extended logging that will aid us in undertanding this problem.

SP

Postby SP » 18 Aug 2006

@widgetman

I had the same problem last week. My temporary solution with 588.845 Beta
is: Before i close MC i open the PLeditor and click -> Compile -> All Studies. NNeeds about 30 seconds.
The problem never occurred since.

@Alex
Maybe you could implement this automatic at shutdown?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Aug 2006

Thanks for the feedback but no, we'd rather find and fix the cause of the problem as this is a beta version.

Return to “MultiCharts”