Font Size / HTML in Commentary Window?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dwitkin

Font Size / HTML in Commentary Window?

Postby dwitkin » 27 May 2013

The text in my commentary window is fairly large. I'd like to be able to make the text smaller in the commentary window, and possibly use HTML formatting. Is there a way to make the text in the commentary window smaller? Can you provide an example, please?

Also, can HTML tags be used within the commentary window? If so, can you provide some guidelines / examples?

Thanks.

dwitkin

Re: Font Size / HTML in Commentary Window?  [SOLVED]

Postby dwitkin » 27 May 2013

Found my own answer. In case it will help others, here's a sample of changing the font size in the commentary window for a block of text...

Code: Select all

Commentary ( "<font size=", doublequote, "-3", doublequote, ">") ;
Commentary("Section 01: After Initial varible assignment / inspection", newline);
Commentary("Bar Date: ", BarDateReadable, newline);
Commentary("Current Bar Number: ", Currentbar:4:0, newline);
Commentary("Section 01: End", newline, newline);
Commentary("</font>");

gnoygnas

Re: Font Size / HTML in Commentary Window?

Postby gnoygnas » 28 May 2013

Found my own answer. In case it will help others, here's a sample of changing the font size in the commentary window for a block of text...

Commentary("Section 01: After Initial varible assignment / inspection", newline);
Commentary("</font>");
Please let me know how to change commentary window.
Thanks.

dwitkin

Postby dwitkin » 28 May 2013

Gnoygas,

If I'm understanding your question, to use the code, you'd need to develop a study (indicator or signal) that includes the commentary statements, apply the study to a chart, show the Commentary window (View -> Expert Commentary), and then click on a bar in the active chart.

I'm attaching some sample code in a .pla file you can use to test the process. The font size HTML tag statement reduces the "standard" commentary window font size by 3 for the Commentary lines within the HTML tags (other text is not affected).

Commentary("</font>");
Please let me know how to change commentary window.
Thanks.
Attachments
Sample Signal Using Commentary.pla
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 645 times

dwitkin

Postby dwitkin » 04 Jun 2013

In case it is of value to others, I realized there is another way to change the text size in the Commentary window that doesn't require using HTML codes. While using the HTML codes could still be useful for other reasons, if you just want to make the text in the Commentary window (or on the Build tab of the PowerLanguage Editor) bigger or smaller, you can...

1. Bring up the Internet Options window (see attached image). In windows 7, type Internet Options into the search bar. Or, you can open the window from within Internet Explorer.

2. Click Accessibility.

3. Check "Ignore font sizes specified on Web Pages". Hit OK, and then OK again.

4. Now, in the commentary window, you can use [CTRL]-[+], [CTRL]-[-] or [CTRL]-[MOUSE WHEEL] to change the text size.

This method provides more control over the font size and requires no code. The only downside of this method is the text size on other HTML-pages may look odd until you change the Internet Options settings back, but I haven't found that to be a major issue.
Attachments
2013-06-04 1715 Screen Shot 001.png
(184.55 KiB) Downloaded 1057 times

Return to “MultiCharts”