Missing Data for IB GBP Future

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Chris

Missing Data for IB GBP Future

Postby Chris » 21 Aug 2006

Since one month I am not able to collect data in MC for the 6BU6 GBP future on Globex. It suddenly stopped collecting data on the 13th July and I can't figure out what it is (I thought IB changed something, but I can't find information on it).

I can chart the 6BU6 in TWS and I can see a chart there, but in MC QM is telling me that no security definition has been found.

All the other currency futures work like a charm.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Thank you,

Chris

gaspard

Postby gaspard » 21 Aug 2006

Chris,

I just tried and got the chart: no problem. Used GBP as root and GLOBEX as exchange in Quotemanager to find 6BU6.

Chris

Postby Chris » 21 Aug 2006

Chris,

I just tried and got the chart: no problem. Used GBP as root and GLOBEX as exchange in Quotemanager to find 6BU6.
gaspard,

I have created several new symbols (through IB search) and it had no effect. Today after your post I have tried it again and now it works - whatever it was :lol: .

Thank you,

Chris

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 22 Aug 2006

All I can say is that I tried searching by root and it worked perfectly well, while trying to lookup this symbol by name doesn't work.

Chris

Postby Chris » 22 Aug 2006

All I can say is that I tried searching by root and it worked perfectly well, while trying to lookup this symbol by name doesn't work.
Yes, IB seems to allow the search by root only :roll: .

I could find the symbol in QM before, but after I charted it I got the error message. That was the strange thing, but now it's working again so I would say it was not related to MC (although I upgraded to the current beta), but either to IB or my stupidity :roll: .

Return to “MultiCharts”