re-establish Trading Technologies link

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
waveslider

re-establish Trading Technologies link

Postby waveslider » 28 May 2013

Every day my trading technologies connection is interrupted during the closure of the futures market. I have to manually restart it, is there a better way?

I have it set to reconnect after 20 seconds on connection loss, it tries after 20 secs and then stops trying.
thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: re-establish Trading Technologies link

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2013

Hello waveslider,

We will check that.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2013

Some follow-up questions:
1) At what time do you usually have this disconnect?
2) What is your time zone?
3) When this issue appears please collect MultiCharts logs. You can find log files here:
WinXP "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts64\"
VISTA, W7 "%USERPROFILE%\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts64\"
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up compress to zip all files and folders except Cache folder.
4) In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Logs tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel.

If the file size < 10 mb then please send it via email (support@multicharts.com). If it is larger then please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link.

waveslider

Postby waveslider » 29 May 2013

1. Every day the disconnect occurs when the futures market closes at about 2:30 PST, I have seen it reconnect ok on weekdays, but I never have seen it reconnect on a Sunday afternoon when the futures market re-opens. This is important.
2. Pacific time zone
3. I will.

Henry- in this circumstance I have re-established the connection manually last night. I did some test orders using chart trading, they worked. This morning auto trading failed with orders being rejected. When I tried to use chart trading this also was not working, even though the TT connection appeared "green".

You mentioned that this bug was replicated and would be repaired in beta 7.2 I think, I just wanted to mention this to the board in case anyone else experienced something similar.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 May 2013

Hello waveslider,

Please update to MultiCharts 8.7 beta 2 to get the fix for the TT connection issue.

Do you have the reconnect issue with broker profile only or with data connection as well?

If you still have this reconnect issue after the update please enable TT price logging (download the attached file, unzip it, run TTPriceLogsON.reg corresponding to your MultiCharts version), replicate the issue and send me the following info:
1) MultiCharts logs. You can find log files here:
WinXP "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts64\"
VISTA, W7 "%USERPROFILE%\Local\TS Support\MultiCharts64\"
Please paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up compress to zip all files and folders except Cache folder.
2) Exchange and Symbol names affected by the issue.
3) Specify the exact time it has stopped updating and has not restarted to update.
4) Are there any peculiarities with your account (exchanges, tags, etc)? Which broker do you have account with?
Attachments
TTPriceLogs.zip
(1022 Bytes) Downloaded 273 times

Return to “MultiCharts”