Opening 15-min chart using IB.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ssmkim

Opening 15-min chart using IB.  [SOLVED]

Postby ssmkim » 23 Aug 2006

Hi,
I'm using the demo version of MultiCharts. I like what I'm seeing, but it's PAINFULLY slow (takes 5-6 mins to load) loading one 15-min chart using IB data. Is this normal? I can't imagine day trading like this! Please let me know.

Cheers.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 23 Aug 2006

Could you tell more abiut the settings you're using?
A 15-minutes chart can take a while if you're for instance requesting 15-minutes quotes for 6 months back - so what's the symbol, the settings and the beta version number.

ssmkim

Opening 15-min chart using IB.

Postby ssmkim » 23 Aug 2006

Could you tell more abiut the settings you're using?
A 15-minutes chart can take a while if you're for instance requesting 15-minutes quotes for 6 months back - so what's the symbol, the settings and the beta version number.
Ok, it's faster when I set the data range to 4 days. Now I have another problem. In my "Quote Manager" window, under "Event Log," I get a message saying "TWS message: id= 5; errorCode= 200; errorMsg= No security definition has been found for the request:Invalid value in field # 100"
How do I fix this? I was trying to get a data for AAPL, but I get the same message for other symbols as well.

I'm using product version 1.90.449.1165.

Cheers.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 23 Aug 2006

Hello ssmkim
An update will soon be available on the forum - when a new beta is released, please uninstall your aged trial version and install the new beta.
It's a known thing that IB made chages in the symbols format since then.

Return to “MultiCharts”