Real-time trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Dakin

Real-time trading

Postby Dakin » 30 Aug 2006

Hello.
Whether wished to lknow is in МС an opportunity to conclude the transaction in a present situation, instead of on closing and a bar or on a following bar.
Thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 30 Aug 2006

Cold you please provide more detail, that is, provide a scenario for such a trade?

Dakin

RT trading

Postby Dakin » 30 Aug 2006

Can i place order at the current market price, for example in TS8.1? i can buy next bar at open or this bar at close only, but i want to trade in real time. For ex. i had price level on 10 dollars per stock, and price equal to this level, can i buy at this moment? and i must wait close of this bar?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 30 Aug 2006

Here's the description for the TS 8.1 IntraBarOrderGeneration (Reserved Word) - is this similar to what you mean?
The EasyLanguage attribute IntraBarOrderGeneration allows you to turn on or off the intrabar order generation flag. If the attribute is not present in any of the strategy code, users will be allowed to control the setting through the Calculations tab. If the attribute is present and set to TRUE, the ‘Enable intrabar order generation and calculation’ flag will be checked, the checkbox will be disabled, and the radio buttons will be available. If the attribute is present and set to FALSE, the ‘Enable intrabar order generation and calculation’ flag will unchecked and the checkbox and radio buttons will be disabled.

The syntax is as follows:

[IntrabarOrderGeneration = Value] // where Value can be TRUE or FALSE

Widget

Postby Widget » 30 Aug 2006

In TS there is a CurrentBid and CurrentAsk command that allows you to buy the RT Price. At one time MC supported InsideBid and InsideAsk which is the same as the above commands. they don't seem to work in the new beta version now. Hopefully MC will support them in the future.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 31 Aug 2006

I see your point, those reserved words will be enabled in the next version.

Return to “MultiCharts”