Broker IB and 3rd party data feed syncing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
StefanoSF

Broker IB and 3rd party data feed syncing

Postby StefanoSF » 08 Jun 2013

Can someone suggest how to get eSignal or IQFeed currency data to sync with Interactive Brokers (IB)? I've tried both services and my IB developed systems have completely different results when implemented on eSignal or IQFeed currency data feeds.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

JoshM

Re: Broker IB and 3rd party data feed syncing

Postby JoshM » 08 Jun 2013

Can someone suggest how to get eSignal or IQFeed currency data to sync with Interactive Brokers (IB)? I've tried both services and my IB developed systems have completely different results when implemented on eSignal or IQFeed currency data feeds.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Spot forex is not a centralised market so there will be some difference with the price data of IB compared to eSignal or IQFeed. However, 'completely different results' should not happen since different price feeds are (obviously) highly correlated.

Can you elaborate on what 'completely different results' means? And what you've done/tested so far?

StefanoSF

Re: Broker IB and 3rd party data feed syncing

Postby StefanoSF » 11 Jun 2013

Ok, I found the problems.

1) Trade hours need synching.
- Esignal forex data starts at 17:00 GMT and ends at 22:00 GMT.
- IB forex data starts at 22:30 GMT and ends at 22:00 GMT.

To solve this problem, one needs to Use Custom Session in QM for eSignal to match IB data feed. Set eSignal data as follows:
Exchange: 17:30 - 17:00
GMT: 22:30 - 22:00
Local: 14:30 - 14:00 (PST)

2) QM Time Zone conversion error. For eSignal; QM/ Edit Symbol / Settings: eSignal Exchange is set to "FX" by default (UTC -06:00 Central). This needs be changed and match IB Ideal Pro exchange time of UTC 05:00

3) One other difference is that eSignal's data simply has more bar breath. Bars are a bit higher and lows then IB's because eSignal has a larger pool of data contributors.

Return to “MultiCharts”