opentick

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
acharttrader

opentick

Postby acharttrader » 06 Sep 2006

Hey I'm just wondering if opentick works for anyone with the newest beta version of MC (610.985) or if it is even supposed to work yet since there were still some bugs to be worket out.

Here's what is happening for me - in my Quote Manager and under Data Sources, it says otFeed is active and my connection is online. I can search symbols and add them to the exchange lists that are unique to ot. Everything looks fine there, but when I attempt to chart any symbol I get either small bars with no price change, bars that are up or down in exactly one point increments, or extremely wide range bars that then return to the average price.

So, any ideas or help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 07 Sep 2006

It sounds like you have incorrect price scale settings for your symbols. Could you please post here the screenshots of your charts so we can better understand what is going on your side?

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 07 Sep 2006

Also, we have just released new online tutorial which shows you how to work with OpenTick data feed. It might be helpful

http://tssupport.com/support/tutorials/

acharttrader

Postby acharttrader » 07 Sep 2006

Here's a chart example of GOOG on a 3 minute chart.

Also, this is the most amount of data I am able to receive. I change the data range, either the amount of bars or the dates, but it's the same result of what shows on the chart.
Attachments
GOOG 3min.png
(20.09 KiB) Downloaded 1085 times

acharttrader

Postby acharttrader » 08 Sep 2006

Well here's what I did: I uninstalled MC and found any file and folder that had anything to do with MC and deleted those. Then I reinstalled the lastest beta version. Quote Manager had the opentick exchanges already written in, which weren't there before, so I didn't have to add them. I downloaded some data and the charts came up much more normal. So apparently getting rid of all the previous MC stuff helped.

Anyway, now it's just a matter of getting more price history data downloaded and displayed on the chart.

fundjunkie

Postby fundjunkie » 11 Oct 2006

Also, we have just released new online tutorial which shows you how to work with OpenTick data feed. It might be helpful

http://tssupport.com/support/tutorials/
I've tried following the tutorial and have had problems. Opentick doesn't show up in the add-symbol list. I'm gonna try hand-cranking it but would appreciate help getting my beta ironed out to match whats in the tutorial.

Thx,
D

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 12 Oct 2006

Yeou're right, at this moment Opentick does not show in the Add Symbol - From Data source list, symbols are to be added manually

fundjunkie

Postby fundjunkie » 12 Oct 2006

Yeou're right, at this moment Opentick does not show in the Add Symbol - From Data source list, symbols are to be added manually
When is that due to be added? And will the IQfeed be added to the list too?

Return to “MultiCharts”