Contract Rollover

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

Contract Rollover

Postby Nick » 08 Sep 2006

Hi,

With earlier versions you could edit a symbol in Quote manager (e.g. YM Mar 06) and change it to the new front month (e.g. YM Jun 06).

This does not work in this version. Perhaps this is related to the symbols issue (symbols in quote amanger not matching symbols in chart)

OK so now I add YM Dec 06 (using IB symbol lookup) it says 1 symbol added OK but the new symbol dosent show up in quote manager

Any suggestions? Tearing my hair out here.

Cheers,
Nick

gaspard

Postby gaspard » 08 Sep 2006

OK so now I add YM Dec 06 (using IB symbol lookup) it says 1 symbol added OK but the new symbol dosent show up in quote manager
Puzzling: I just did the same; YM Dec06 shows up in Quote Manager under ECBOT. And charts without problems.

Postby Guest » 10 Sep 2006

I created a volume bar chart for YM #F with esignal. It loaded the data ok. Then I tried to overlay another volume bar chart over the first one. MC freezes and I see nothing is happening on Quote Manager either.

This is peculiar to the latest beta.

P.S. I agree with another poster who said that suggested MC should really get one bersion up and rock solid (i.e. no recurring bugs) before adding new features. All this extra time getting customers to beta test your product (at our expense) is embarassing. And it shows disrespect.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 Sep 2006

I created a volume bar chart for YM #F with esignal. It loaded the data ok. Then I tried to overlay another volume bar chart over the first one. MC freezes and I see nothing is happening on Quote Manager either.

This is peculiar to the latest beta.
I tried reproducing this in .610.985 beta - created a 49 volume chart of eSignal YM #F and then overlayed a 343 volume bar over it - everything worked fine.
Please tell what exactly were you using?
P.S. I agree with another poster who said that suggested MC should really get one bersion up and rock solid (i.e. no recurring bugs) before adding new features. All this extra time getting customers to beta test your product (at our expense) is embarassing. And it shows disrespect.
I dare say that the version you can find at www.topstep.com/MultiCharts.468.865.exe is quite stable.

Also, there is no such thing as "extra time" when testing a software product. We are in no way "getting" the customers to beta test it - it is a completely voluntary participation, and customers have been grateful to be able to try out new features, fully knowing there will be problems. So much for "disrespect".

Return to “MultiCharts”