Vista Release Candidate 1 - any compatible MC betas?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Arbitrageur

Vista Release Candidate 1 - any compatible MC betas?

Postby Arbitrageur » 15 Sep 2006

I've setup the latest Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 64bit version on one of my PC's.

MC vers 1.90.559.729 seems to run up ok, but when I try to setup the data vendor options, the menu's dont seem to work properly, ie: no choices to select from.

When I import the .GBD files from a running XP version, the MC platform doesnt get past the initial "checking for new version" prompt before the MC window closes.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 15 Sep 2006

If you're experimenting with Vista, please try a beta with post-610 build number, we no longer use the Firebird as a service so this may make a difference.
Thanks for the input, it's most appreciated.

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 15 Sep 2006

do you have a link to a compatible version?

I'm happy to report back on any compatibility issues

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 15 Sep 2006

I tried I think 2 versions ago under Vista beta 2 and it didn't work. Here is link to latest beta, please report back and let us know if it works.

tssupport.com/products/multicharts/MultiChartsBeta.610.985.exe

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 16 Sep 2006

thanks. will do

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 16 Sep 2006

I downloaded and installed v 1.90.610.985

it works and seems stable on this version of Vista.

The only two problems I have encountered (so far) are:

1. in Quotemanager, when right clicking, the pop-up menu's appear blank until you mouse over and highlight the available options.

2. QuoteManager does not permit you to add new symbols. It is possible to find available data options, but when you select a symbol, and add it - it says "symbol added" but the symbol does not appear in the symbol list and is not available to access in charting.

gpw797

Postby gpw797 » 16 Sep 2006

number 2 would be a major problem for me... looks like I will continue to wait, thanks.

Nick

Postby Nick » 18 Sep 2006

Is that a vista problem or regionalisation problem? See the beta thread for more details.

Cheers,
nick.

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 18 Sep 2006

hmm... thanks for the pointer. i changed the regional settings and it doesnt seem to have made any difference - still the same problems as above. I'll have a play around with this in a bit tho as I'm not sure if I changed all the regional options correctly or not.

One thing I have noticed however is that chart data seems to load up VERY FAST - 50 days of 49tick data in EC loads in about 3 seconds.

Not sure if this is down to 64bit vista or what, but same chart seems to load much slower in XP

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Sep 2006

Thanks for the input; we're initiating Vista testing here and will look up the problems you mentioned.
As to the speed increase you're reporting, the data loading speed is a matter of request processing, that shouldn't depend on the OS version.

Return to “MultiCharts”