Display Issues On Latest Beta

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
widgetman

Display Issues On Latest Beta

Postby widgetman » 18 Nov 2006

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had been experiencing issues with displaying text on the right side of the charts. Listed below is a simple tick counter routine I found somewhere. It works just fine in TS8 but in MC it seems to randomly display and not display the tick count. I have also experienced other indicators shifting the text too far to the right so that no matter how far I change the offset in the format window X scale tab I still can't see the text. Any ideas would be appreciated.
-Thanks

// Tick Counter Logic

If CurrentBar = 1 then // CurrentBar is reserve word
begin
TXT_CursorPlusNum = Text_New(Date, Time, Close, " ");
ticksremaining = barinterval - ticks;
end
else
begin
ticksremaining = barinterval - ticks;
STR_CursorPlusNum = Space + Cursor + Space + NumToStr(ticksremaining, 0);

Text_SetLocation(TXT_CursorPlusNum, Date, Time + 1, Close);
Text_SetString(TXT_CursorPlusNum, STR_CursorPlusNum);
Text_SetStyle(TXT_CursorPlusNum, 0, 2);

if ticksremaining < threshold then
Text_SetColor(TXT_CursorPlusNum, Color3)
else if ticksremaining < 2* barinterval/3 then
Text_setcolor(TXT_CursorPlusNum, Color3)
else
Text_setcolor(TXT_CursorPlusNum, Color3);

end;

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Nov 2006

first of all, the ticks reserved word indicates upticks+downticks, i.e. up volume+down volume.
Barinterval is the key word describing the symbol's resolution, i.e. if the symbol is in 5 seconds resolution, then barinterval returns 5.
If the series is not tick-based, there is no way to find how many ticks are left till end of the bar. If the series is tick-based, see the "ticks" definition above - there's no number of left or passed ticks in that value.

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 21 Nov 2006

Alex
I use Point Charts and enquire do you have an inducator that shows how much time is left, or how many ticks are left before the current bar is completed

Thanks
Milton

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 27 Nov 2006

Hi Alex,
Thanks for looking at the script I posted. This script works fine in TS8 so I assumed it would work in MC. I will take a look at it and see if I can figure out why MC is not happy.

Return to “MultiCharts”