Bad Ticks in the ES this Morning  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Bad Ticks in the ES this Morning

Postby Guest » 01 Dec 2006

I received two bad ticks in the ES this morning. One tick at 8:02 am and one at 9:33 am, both have an open and close of zero. Is there a way to delete these bad ticks? These appear in all of my ES volume charts.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 01 Dec 2006

Yes, you can remove the bad tick in the QuoteManager or simply refresh the
chart to update the data by pressing Ctrl + R. To remove the bad tick:

1. Find ES symbol in the QuoteManager
2. Right-click on it and select Edit Data…
3. In the Data section select the necessary quote or quotes and press the Delete button.

[SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 01 Dec 2006

Thanks for the reply.

I tried a refresh before I posted this morning and for some reason it didn't work. And every time I open Quote Manager it maxes out my cpu and the computer fan turns on and won't stop until I quit Multicharts.

I'll try a refresh at the end of the day.

sinrswim

Bad ticks in the ES

Postby sinrswim » 01 Dec 2006

I had the same problem with 2 bad ticks in the ES. I went into quote manager to edit out the bad data, only problem was/is the price 0.00 ticks are not there to edit out. Also, these bad ticks did not show up on any other program that used Esignal as its data source.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 02 Dec 2006

Dear Guest and sinrswim,

Next time you will receive a bad tick(s) do the following:
1. Go to QuoteManager as it adviced above.
2. Do not delete the bad tick but Edit it, e.g. set a price equal to previous one.
3. In QuoteManager again right-click on the symbol and select ClearCache.
4. Close & Re-open MultiCharts (make sure all the processes are gone before reopening, see FAQs for details).

Please, be advised that in case you deleted a bad tick(s) then upon MultiCharts start it checks if all the ticks are in database trying to download it again, hence CPU load.

Later we will add a bad-ticks filter.

Re: Bad ticks in the ES

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2006

I had the same problem with 2 bad ticks in the ES. I went into quote manager to edit out the bad data, only problem was/is the price 0.00 ticks are not there to edit out. Also, these bad ticks did not show up on any other program that used Esignal as its data source.
Remember that volume is light in the early morning . I believe the Ticks actually occurred around 6am but the volume bars are stamped when the bars are completed, In my case 8:33am exchange time, So make sure you search back far enough.

Jerry

sinrswim

Postby sinrswim » 02 Dec 2006

The ticks occurred at 0820 and 0936 hrs EST on my system. There was no unusual data that could be edited out. However, by clearing the cache and doing a reload the bad ticks have disappeared.

Return to “MultiCharts”