Multicharts compared to TS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
O66

Multicharts compared to TS

Postby O66 » 01 Dec 2006

Im testing MC and like it so far.
Im using TS Eld's with great success. I got these eld's from traderfriends who are all using TS. They all like to have more info about MC.
Is there any info availabale that describes the differences with TS and the advantages of using MC instead of TS?

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 01 Dec 2006

It seems we've already discussed something similar:

http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=1931

O66

Postby O66 » 01 Dec 2006

thanks for reply.

im not familiar with TS so i cant compare myself.
What i understand here from the forums is that there are some areas that arent fully integrated in MC or arent fully working yet. So there are currently differences between the 2 products. I like to know these differences. Also MC is a one time fee of 399 for the gold release, but what is included in the gold release? When is it released ? And what do we have to pay for updates after the gold release. As you know TS is free as long you trade a minimum per month. Future upgrades are included.
Like i said im enthousiastic about MC, in our group we have discussions about the differences. Im not able to answer them. Why shouldnt i join my friends in the TS camp and choose for MC?
More info on this is very welcome

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 06 Dec 2006

Hi Kate,
That sounds like a good plan. I would like to sugguest that MC try to stabilize the program a bit. I have noticed lately that MC will crash if I use my Windows XP box and compile a indicator while a chart is open and the indicator is being used. I have also sent in a ton of error logs from MCActiveX.exe crashes which also seems to have a memory leak to me. Running WIN 2K SP4 seems to be more stable. I am also concerned that there are still issues getting history data from IB, and it is VERY slow. Loading data from NT to their chart via IB takes < 30 seconds to load 10 days of history. I have no idea why it is so much faster. I think overall MC is a very good program for the money and I have recommended it to several traders. Keep up the good work and I look forward to having a complete automation system so I can get rid of NT.

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2006

We are planning the gold release for the second quarter of 2007 and it will feature portfolio back-testing, auto execution (for the first time with one broker, most likely it will be Interactive Brokers), genetic and exhaustive optimization and radar screen window.
I believe using IB as the first broker is a big mistake. If their are problems with a trade you cannot get someone quickly on the phone with IB.

Return to “MultiCharts”