MC's Off-Line Mode, Not really offline?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
denizen2

MC's Off-Line Mode, Not really offline?

Postby denizen2 » 09 Dec 2006

I just tried to use the 'Off-Line' Mode, for a 2nd copy of MC running on another computer, while also continuing to run the 1st copy in Real-Time mode. The eSignal DataManager on the 1st computer was 'disconnected' when the 2nd computer version of MC was started (in the Offline mode). That should not have happened, right? To me, 'Offline' means NOT to attempt to use ANY datafeed, and to use ONLY the 'local' database of data, if any.

I think there is a BUG here, right? The offline mode should not be even attempting to connect to any real-time data feed, but it obviously does :?

Chris

Postby Chris » 09 Dec 2006

This is a know issue with the 1.90.644.1126 Beta of MC and I guess (and hope) it will be solved in the next beta.

For now you'll have to close down MC once you change the settings to offline, because the change will only become affective after a restart.

This helps for me, to prevent MC from opening the data provider programs (eSignal, TS, IB etc.).

Chris

Offline Mode? Bug

Postby Guest » 09 Dec 2006

This is a know issue with the 1.90.644.1126 Beta of MC and I guess (and hope) it will be solved in the next beta.

For now you'll have to close down MC once you change the settings to offline, because the change will only become affective after a restart.

This helps for me, to prevent MC from opening the data provider programs (eSignal, TS, IB etc.).

Chris
Chris, thank you for the info (above).

Stanley, do you know if this issue will be fixed in the next release? While they are at it, I would suggest that some kind of confirming status-feedback be displayed some where in the MC window, and QuoteManager, that the 'current' data-feed is "Offline", or whatever it really is at any given moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”