TS data problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sinrswim

TS data problem

Postby sinrswim » 16 Dec 2006

I am having a problem filling in data from 12-14. I turned off the computer at 1030 and all of the data from 1030 to the time I turned it back on 12-15 is missing.

In quote manager the @ES symbol shows offline in the realtime status. I have tried connect symbol and a chart refresh. The status just says connecting. I have also cleared cache. When that didnt work, I put in a backup database. When that didnt help, I completely uninstalled MC, and used the backup databases (which were backed up a week ago before the problem so they are not corrupted.) That didnt work.

I have also switched the symbols to an esignal data manager. When I did this, the chart was fine, the data was there. However this is not a fix, because I would not be able to use a data manager on this specific computer during trading. When I switched back to TS data the gap was back.

My data server mode is set to online and I want to download missing data. I am not really sure what else I can do to get this data back.

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
1.png
(97.18 KiB) Downloaded 1005 times

Chris

Postby Chris » 16 Dec 2006

sinrswim,

please take a look at your @ES in TS. Do you have a gap there, too?.

Chris

sinrswim

Postby sinrswim » 16 Dec 2006

When I created a similar volume chart on TS there was a gap. I refreshed and restarted and the gap in MC is now gone..

Thnx for the very quick help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Postby Chris » 16 Dec 2006

When I created a similar volume chart on TS there was a gap. I refreshed and restarted and the gap in MC is now gone..

Thnx for the very quick help!!!!!!!!!!!!
That happens from time to time if you let MC start TS (I don't know why; it seems that TS gets confused). If you start TS manually before starting MC, you can avoid this.

billco

Postby billco » 18 Dec 2006

That happens from time to time if you let MC start TS (I don't know why; it seems that TS gets confused). If you start TS manually before starting MC, you can avoid this.

How do you set MC to start TS automatically? Can MC auto start IB as well?

Thanks!

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Dec 2006

Bilco,

MultiCharts starts all accessible data feeds automatically by default.

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Dec 2006

Cris,

We have never noticed that if MultiCharts starts TS automatically this can provoke gaps in data. Is it only your supposition or a fact and we should trap this bug and fix it?

Chris

Postby Chris » 19 Dec 2006

Kate,

I have only seen this problem happening if you let MC start TS. I have seen it myself several times and I know two other traders (beside the posters on the forum) who have had the same problems.

It never happened again, after we begun to start TS first and open a chart before starting MC.

I am not sure what it is causing this and it might be more a TS bug than a MC bug.

Another report of this.

Kate

Postby Kate » 20 Dec 2006

Chris,

We failed to reproduce the situation, MultiCharts works correctly with TS and we haven't noticed any gaps when it starts TS.

Return to “MultiCharts”