New Beta Issues  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

New Beta Issues

Postby Guest » 19 Dec 2006

DEFECTS

1. Compress, Expand, Move Up and Move Down do not work without first dragging chart by clicking/dragging candles.

2. Format Symbol/ScaleType/User defined property and min/max values are not saved with the workspace. I have to set User defined scale type and min/max values after opening a workspace. This problem was in the last beta release.

I’m not sure if this is a problem. What is the scope of symbol links, across or within workspaces? Right now it appears symbol links go across workspaces, which I wasn’t expecting, but this may be by design.

EASY/QUICK FIX USABILITY SUGGESTIONS

I use MC across multiple screens and the following are really annoying:

1. When creating a new chart, quote manager, or any other type of window the default size stretches across all screens, and it always has to be resized before setting properties or moving it. The initial/default size should be scaled to the first screen only.

2. This one is really annoying. The dialogs related to context menu commands (Format Window, Symbol, Studies, etc) should appear over the chart window being modified, not the center of the application window.

Great job on the beta!

~mojo

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 19 Dec 2006

I wanted to let the development team know that if you have a variable as a input which is a negative number the strategy optimizer will not let you change it. I have a indicator which uses a top line range or say 55 and a btm line of -55. When I try to adjust the test for say 45-55 and -45 to -55 it will not allow me to change the minus variable.

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Dec 2006

Dear ~mojo,

I'll comment on each of your issues one by one.

DEFECTS

1. If you use one chart you can compress, expand, move up and down it without clicking on it, all is set up by default. If you have several charts first you need to click on the necessary chart.

2. The settings you mentioned are not saved with the workspace as constant complaints of our users prompted us to do so. For instance, the price is constantly changing and if the user closes MultiCharts and opens it again after several hours the price will move from the preset range and he will see only the black screen. And in such cases we needed to connect to their desktop to explain that there was no bug there.

3. So far only global linking is available but we are planning to implement local linking too.

As to quick fix suggestions, thank you for your feedback. Our developers will consider them.

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Dec 2006

Widgetman,

In the case with -45 to -55, please try to use step -1.

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 19 Dec 2006

Kate,your comments from above
1. If you have several charts first you need to click on the necessary chart

I have found that, not only do you need to click on the chart(Fairly obvious) but the bars themselves must also be highlighted before I can expand or compress
This can be difficult when chart has several indicators or histogram in chart which make it difficult to find a bar that can be highlighted
Surely,one should only need to click on the chart for expand and compress to work (Why have the additional step of having to also click on the bars themselves)

Regards
Milton

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 19 Dec 2006

Dear ~mojo,

I'll comment on each of your issues one by one.

DEFECTS

1. If you use one chart you can compress, expand, move up and down it without clicking on it, all is set up by default. If you have several charts first you need to click on the necessary chart.

2. The settings you mentioned are not saved with the workspace as constant complaints of our users prompted us to do so. For instance, the price is constantly changing and if the user closes MultiCharts and opens it again after several hours the price will move from the preset range and he will see only the black screen. And in such cases we needed to connect to their desktop to explain that there was no bug there.

3. So far only global lnking is available but we are planning to implement local lnking too.

As to quick fix suggestions, thank you for your feedback. Our developers will consider them.
Kate,

There are some major issues related to compress, expand move up/dn. When you have multiple charts it's more than just clicking on the chart you wish to change, you have to actually grab and move the chart first before the commands will work. Also, under certain circumstances when you move chart up/dn the candle sticks move but the indicators don't. Everything gets out of sync. This happens all the time now and it never happened in the last beta.

Regarding user defined scaling; I guess I'm the lone wolf on this one. Since you don't save the setting, maybe MC should have a scale option much like TS that allows you to specify number of inches or pixels per point or tick on the vertical scale. That would completely eliminate the problem. But since you don't have that option I set the user defined scale then use the compress/expand/move up/dn option to make the candles readable. Maybe MC needs the option to "save user defined scale settings". Now that would be somewhat of an easy fix.

~mojo

Kate

Postby Kate » 22 Dec 2006

We confirm that Expand, Compress, Move up and Move down icons don't work in the latest beta. We are working on this defect now and it will be fixed in the next version.

Kate

[SOLVED]

Postby Kate » 22 Dec 2006

Since you don't save the setting, maybe MC should have a scale option much like TS that allows you to specify number of inches or pixels per point or tick on the vertical scale. That would completely eliminate the problem. But since you don't have that option I set the user defined scale then use the compress/expand/move up/dn option to make the candles readable. Maybe MC needs the option to "save user defined scale settings". Now that would be somewhat of an easy fix.

~mojo
Mojotrader,

We'll consider the implementation of such options. Thank you for your feedback.

Return to “MultiCharts”