Multi monitors  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Multi monitors

Postby Guest » 29 Dec 2006

hi
Can multicharts run on a dual and quad monitor setup on windows xp ?

i.e if i have the required hardware and drivers in place, can the multicharts span across all monitors ?

thanks

Kate

Postby Kate » 29 Dec 2006

Yes, you can either stretch the MultiCharts window across the monitors or run a separate instance of MultiCharts for each monitor, having a separate workspace in each.

Kate

Postby Kate » 24 Jan 2007

1. Each instance of MC is using a lot of memory, which seems to be a complete waste of system resources.
All the instances of MultiCharts use the same MCActiveX.exe server and it means that opening a new workspace won't considerably increase memory resources.
Today I save the workspaces opened in MC and when I start MC, it will open the last ones which were open again on startup. If I have I have to start several instances of MC, I will have to open all the workspaces also again which is cumbersome.
We agree that it will be more convenient if MultiCharts remembers what workspaces should be opened on each monitor and will consider how to implement this feature in future.

[SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2007

also if I want to compare 2 charts side-by-side, with detachable workspace/window, I can simply drag the window to the next monitor.

if not, I would have to open a 2nd workspace in the 2nd instance of MC, which would take time to draw, not to mention the pacing problem we encounter with IB.

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2007

1. Each instance of MC is using a lot of memory, which seems to be a complete waste of system resources.
All the instances of MultiCharts use the same MCActiveX.exe server and it means that opening a new workspace won't considerably increase memory resources.
Today I save the workspaces opened in MC and when I start MC, it will open the last ones which were open again on startup. If I have I have to start several instances of MC, I will have to open all the workspaces also again which is cumbersome.
We agree that it will be more convenient if MultiCharts remembers what workspaces should be opened on each monitor and will consider how to implement this feature in future.
why not let multicharts.exe take a commandline parameter that states which workspace to open at startup ?

e.g

multicharts.exe /w ESworkspace.wsp

multicharts.exe /w DAXworkspace.wsp

that way users just create 2 different shortcuts

This could be an interim solution until you implement detachable workspaces....

Return to “MultiCharts”