Popup Window While Moving Channels

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mojotrader

Popup Window While Moving Channels

Postby mojotrader » 03 Jan 2007

Is there a way to turn off the popup window that appears while moving or adjusting channels? The window gets in the way of where I'm trying to locate the channel especially while on the right edge of the screen.

Thanks,
~mojo

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 03 Jan 2007

I'm attaching the screenshot that shows the "popup window". Could you please explain in further details how does it get in your way?
Attachments
popup.gif
(18.25 KiB) Downloaded 696 times

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 03 Jan 2007

I'm attaching the screenshot that shows the "popup window". Could you please explain in further details how does it get in your way?
I'll try to reproduce the scenario and get a screen shot but this morning, while trying to move the channel, I couldn't tell where the beginning point was in an uptrend because it was hidden by the popup window.

Nick

Postby Nick » 04 Jan 2007

Quite often the popup window simply 'gets in the way'. It will cover where you want to go or something else you want to look at to adjust your drawing tool. An option to lace it say top left of the chart window would be useful perhaps.

If you use the drawing tools for any length of time you will experience this.

Kate

Postby Kate » 05 Jan 2007

Mojotrader and Nick,

Could you post screenshots illustrating the situation when the popup window 'gets in the way' as we failed to reproduce this?

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 05 Jan 2007

Mojotrader and Nick,

Could you post screenshots illustrating the situation when the popup window 'gets in the way' as we failed to reproduce this?
This isn't the best example but it was easy to reproduce. This is a Down Channel that I'm trying to move by grabbing the top trend line between the two grab handles. As you can see the popup window hides the beginning point of the lower channel line. I realize in this scenario knowing the position of the top trend line is more important than the channel line but it does illustrate how the popup window can get in the way.

For the record I never use the popup window information. I'm sure there are others that do but for my system the information is irrelevant and the window just gets in the way.

Thanks,
~mojo
Attachments
ChannelExample.jpg
(56.69 KiB) Downloaded 679 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 05 Jan 2007

In this case the pop-up window doesn't hide the cursor and if you move it to the place where you want to put the trendline the pop-up window will move synchronously and won't cover the area pointed by the cursor.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll consider the possibility to add a setting that will hide the pop-up window. Most likely, we'll add such a setting after the release of 2.0 version as we want to fix the critical bugs.

mojotrader

Postby mojotrader » 06 Jan 2007

In this case the pop-up window doesn't hide the cursor and if you move it to the place where you want to put the trendline the pop-up window will move synchronously and won't cover the area pointed by the cursor.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll consider the possibility to add a setting that will hide the pop-up window. Most likely, we'll add such a setting after the release of 2.0 version as we want to fix the critical bugs.
Thanks Kate, no big rush. This is far less important than most features/issues. I just wanted to communicate the fact that popup windows get in the way and hide trend/channel lines in certain scenarios.

~mojo

michel55

Re: Popup Window While Moving Channels

Postby michel55 » 24 Aug 2010

These pop-up windows sometimes really irritate

Return to “MultiCharts”