Application of Saved Signal Settings  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
RBN

Application of Saved Signal Settings

Postby RBN » 02 Jul 2013

Hi,

I currently have MultiCharts64 Version 8.5 Release (Build 6778). I think I have an item that maybe was addressed in another forum string, but need to check.

I have an MC signal applied to a chart. I set the inputs on it to what I want (different than the base code inputs). I close MC and save the workspace.

I re-open MC, go through the data server selection, and some of my signals don't show up (checked MBB and other such items). What happens is that when the chart opens, it seems to open based not on the settings I entered, saved, and closed with, but the underlying code inputs. I've also noticed that if I turn off RealTime History Matching (and save and close), it re-opens in the signal with it turned on. (This does not occur with indicators).

So then I have to open > format signals, check the settings (sometimes, but not always, those settings revert back to the underlying code inputs), and status the signal off and then on, and close, then my settings show on the chart and the missing signals come back. (I'm not kidding about the sometimes part, this has happened).

I need to confirm because when I start auto trading live, if I have a situation where the signal or platform needs to be shut down and re-started, I have to go through and status the signal off then on before resuming auto trading so I operates off of (my desired) saved settings. Of course I realize that I always have to be checking the input settings, but this seems a little strange.

Can you recreate this to verify? I think, but not sure, that something similar was brought up in this string: http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... uts+change

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Application of Saved Signal Settings

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Jul 2013

Hello RBN,

All optimization and inputs format issues connected to system localization (German and Swedish) were resolved in MultiCharts 8.7. Please update to MultiCharts 8.7 Release and let me know if you still have any issues on a new workspace created with the latest version.

RBN

Re: Application of Saved Signal Settings

Postby RBN » 14 Jul 2013

Will do. Thanks Henry!

RBN

Re: Application of Saved Signal Settings  [SOLVED]

Postby RBN » 25 Jul 2013

Hi Henry, it looks like the 8.7 release solved it. Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”