UNINSTALL MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

UNINSTALL MC

Postby Guest » 23 Jan 2007

I need a complete uninstall of MC from my computer not leaving any trace of MC on nthe computer especially deleting the Database.
How can I do this.
The usual procedure clicking remove on the uninstall menu to remove the database does not work! I am using the latest BETA version.

THX
Worx

Olex

Postby Olex » 24 Jan 2007

Even if you uninstall and remove all files from the disk, your registry is still filled with a huge amount of junk left over from Multicharts. I wonder if this is a documented feature of multicharts. Only solution to get rid of that trash I think is to format the hard drive...

If there is another way maybe someone fromMC can let us know. Why doesn't the uninstall process remove everything? Isn;t this how a good software should function?

Olex

Kate

Postby Kate » 25 Jan 2007

We confirm that so far in some cases the installer doesn't work properly and delete all the folders relating to MultiCharts. If you want to completely uninstall the program, first make sure that FBPORTFOLIO.GDB, TSSTORAGE.GDB and TSCACHE.GDB have been deleted from X:\Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\Databases\, if not, you will need to delete them manually and also PLEditor folder from Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\PLEditor\. You will also need to delete TS Support section in the registry.

GD

Postby GD » 20 Mar 2007

What is the easiest way to clear the registry? I used to regedit to examine, but TSsupport is all over the place. Is there an easier way to find all the TSsupport material in one place?

Preferrably, is an uninstall available that does the job correctly? I have a long history of versions, and I have to think some of the problems I'm having with the newest version is related. For example, I can't bring up a QuoteManager window without a message saying, "Failed to launch server application". It must not know where to find it. Also, some indicators I had no problem running in previous versions no longer work. I compile, then nothing happens when I insert them. They're not listed anywhere, and I can't recompile - a message to the effect that the functions are in use?

Anyway, I'm thinking a clean install should help, since others are obviously running MC without these problems.

Thanks,

GD

alpha

Postby alpha » 20 Mar 2007

Kate, Is there a way to specify a fixed regular 'what to save/backup' of the MC application rather than just saving workspaces manually? You could have a menu to choose what to back up producing a file with date and version, ie weekly/nightly. When activated the user could choose what to restore. If new versions are backward compatible then users could choose when and how they want to upgrade. So, for instance, to deal with any problems caused by multiple upgrades since you started MultiCharts any user could backup his existing set up, delete the programme entirely, download the new version then import say workspaces and studies?

Thanks

Kate

Postby Kate » 21 Mar 2007

What is the easiest way to clear the registry? I used to regedit to examine, but TSsupport is all over the place. Is there an easier way to find all the TSsupport material in one place?
GD,

To make a complete uninstall you can delete the following directories in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TS Support

As concerns "Failed to launch server application" and the problem with your indicators, they may only seem related to incorrect uninstall but in reality there may appear other reasons. Could you contact us via our live chat or give us a call and demonstrate these problems via HelpDesk?

Kate

Postby Kate » 21 Mar 2007

Kate, Is there a way to specify a fixed regular 'what to save/backup' of the MC application rather than just saving workspaces manually? You could have a menu to choose what to back up producing a file with date and version, ie weekly/nightly. When activated the user could choose what to restore. If new versions are backward compatible then users could choose when and how they want to upgrade. So, for instance, to deal with any problems caused by multiple upgrades since you started MultiCharts any user could backup his existing set up, delete the programme entirely, download the new version then import say workspaces and studies?
Michael,

In the future our developers are planning to implement a backup tool that will work in a similar way (as you described).

Return to “MultiCharts”