IB Auto Trading Failure

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
momentum

IB Auto Trading Failure

Postby momentum » 07 Feb 2007

I have setup IB Autotrading but cannot generate orders to TWS. No error messages. Which log file can I find info.

What does "SHOW ORDER EXECUTION STATUS" mean. I see nothing. Where should I see it?

MC is getting data from IB OK and correct IP address is in Properties for auto trading. Also, SYMBOL DICTIONARY is correct. My sound alert does not go off either.

momentum

RESOLVED

RESOLVED. I was using esignal data not IB.

Is there a plan to be able to use data from one provider to trade a symbol with another by being able to manually input into the Symbol Dictionary?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 07 Feb 2007

Dear momentum,
Is there a plan to be able to use data from one provider to trade a symbol with another by being able to manually input into the Symbol Dictionary?
Sure.

Just check http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3070 for instructions.

momentum

Dear momentum,
Sure.

Just check http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3070 for instructions.
Andrew, I have a chart using eSignal data and when I go to the Symbol Dictionary tab and click ADD, it adds a second instance of the same eSignal symbol and I cannot see how to substitute the IB symbol. I want to chart eSignal and trade IB. Can you be a little more detailed how to do this. The screen shot you directed me to does not show me.

Thanks

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 07 Feb 2007

The first column is the name of the eSignal symbol. The others - are the information about IB symbol. I'm not sure what exactly is not clear for you. Could you please be more specific?

momentum

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Now its clear. Thanks Stanley!

Return to “MultiCharts”