MultiCharts Chart not updating  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MCUser39

MultiCharts Chart not updating

Postby MCUser39 » 09 Jul 2013

I am new to MultiCharts, attempting to use it for the first time today. I have IQFeed to supply both real time and historical data. The chart initially loads updated with current data, however, it will not update on it's own, I have to select reload all to refresh it. What do I need to do to get a chart updated with real time data? In the attached screenshot, the Data Source type box is greyed out. That might provide a clue.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(17.94 KiB) Downloaded 1553 times

TJ

Re: MultiCharts Chart not updating

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2013

I am new to MultiCharts, attempting to use it for the first time today. I have IQFeed to supply both real time and historical data. The chart initially loads updated with current data, however, it will not update on it's own, I have to select reload all to refresh it. What do I need to do to get a chart updated with real time data? In the attached screenshot, the Data Source type box is greyed out. That might provide a clue.
Please try the following:

1. download and install the latest version of MultiCharts (check the built number)

2. reboot the computer

3. Please delete and re-add the symbols from the data source.
In QuoteManager please go to Instrument tab->Add symbol->From data source-> .
Then create a new chart for the symbol you need in MultiCharts, make sure you are using Default session setting in Format->Instrument->Settings tab.

MCUser39

Postby MCUser39 » 10 Jul 2013

TJ, I am using the latest copy of MultiCharts (downloaded today and I also verified that I am using the latest build). I rebooted my computer and re-added the instruments as you suggested, but I still have the same problem as before. Charts do not update after initial load.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 10 Jul 2013

I have experienced charts not updating intermittently using IQfeed since installing version 8.7. Restarting MC has fixed it each time.

MCUser39

I have tried restarting MC many times and that does not seem to work. One thing I did do was install the latest version of the IQFeed client. MC 8.7 came with version 4.x.x.x and I installed IQ Version 5.0.0.14 downloaded from IQ Feed's website once the DTN client notified and advised me to do so.

MCUser39

Also, can someone tell me why the Historical selector in the screenshot above is greyed out? Why do I have to select the merge data feed box in order to change it?

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Jul 2013

Also, can someone tell me why the Historical selector in the screenshot above is greyed out? Why do I have to select the merge data feed box in order to change it?
If you check the box for "Merger Data Sources...", you will see "History" comes live.

MCUser39

So if the box is not checked, it will pull historical data to generate the plot. It will also update the chart to the current time whenever I manually hit the reload button. But then how would I get a live chart? It seems that I have to click the merge data sources check box to include the live feed manually which does not make sense to me.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Jul 2013

MCUser39, you do not need to enable the option "Merge data soruces into a single chart" (as you are getting both realtime and historical data from the same data provider). Merging should be used only in case you are getting historical data from different data providers (ex. History from IQFeed, realtime from Interactive Brokers).

Please compare your PC current time and time in the status line of the chart.
If the time difference is 15 minutes then your account is 15 minutes delayed. You will see realtime chart updates only in 15 minutes after opening a chart.
If you need a non-delayed realtime data account-please contact your data provider directly.

MCUser39

Re: MultiCharts Chart not updating  [SOLVED]

Postby MCUser39 » 16 Jul 2013

I resolved the issue last week. I think the issue had to do with my iQFeed configuration, but I don't recall the details. In any case, it was a config issue on my end and not a problem with MultiCharts.

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 22 Jul 2013

I have similar problems with IQFeed, can you tell me what you did to fix the problem, or at least tell me what you described to IQFeed so I can have them help me resolve my issue?

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Aug 2013

I have similar problems with IQFeed, can you tell me what you did to fix the problem, or at least tell me what you described to IQFeed so I can have them help me resolve my issue?

Thanks
KhaosTrader, please make sure you are running MultiCharts 8.7 Release Builds 7633/7634 to get this issue resolved.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 30 Aug 2013

IQfeed released a new Client today, in case that had anything to do with the update problem..
(IQ client 5.1.0.4)

Return to “MultiCharts”