How to use session templates with symbols?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jek

How to use session templates with symbols?

Postby jek » 08 Mar 2007

The help info for MC suggests that user-defined session templates should show up when viewing the symbol properties. This does not seem to be true for me. Is there a trick?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 09 Mar 2007

Dear jek,

Could you give me more details regarding your question please?

jek

Postby jek » 09 Mar 2007

I used the PL editor to create a new session named "US stock with 1 hour premarket".

Then I restarted MC just for good measure.

Then I opened an existing workspace and symbol and expected the drop-down choices for sessions to include my new session (as indicated by the help file).

The only choices were "regular" and "custom", not my new "US stock with 1 hour premarket".

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Mar 2007

Dear jek,
I used the PL editor to create a new session
I beleive you mean QM (QuoteManager) here. No problem.
Then I opened an existing workspace and symbol and expected the drop-down choices for sessions to include my new session (as indicated by the help file).
Where exactly in Help it is written that you'll have new session template in the drop-down list?
The only choices were "regular" and "custom", not my new "US stock with 1 hour premarket".
We do not have this functionality yet. We will add it later.

At the moment it works as following:
1. Only 24Hrs & Regular options are available.
Note1. "24Hrs" stands for 24/7 tempalte always.
Note2. "Regular" actually is not strictly regular session for a given symbol. "Regular" is just the current session setting which is set in QuoteManager. So it actually can be any session template of your choice. It just takes settings from QuoteManager and its name is always "Regular" in that drop-down list. But having the constat name it functions as it set in QuoteManager.

Return to “MultiCharts”