Scanning Module  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Scanning Module

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2007

I want to start with the things who I think are important for a scanning module.

-Scanning different Markets (Nasdaq, NYSE, ...) and the possibility to choose from which datasource the scan should start.

- The possibility to store the found data on hd for using it with further scanning or for the later Radar Screen

- Switching from the found EOD-data to Realtime data (for tading), I don't know if it possible to impliment, but it would a good feature. I try to explain a little more detailed. Let's think first I want to choose all daily Nasdaq stocks who are over the 200 MA and want to use the found data for an intraday strategy. Choosing IB as dataprovider fails, because you can download max 1 Year historical data. At the moment I'm scanning Metastock EOD data, print them out and enter the found stocks manually in the charting software.

So, that's my suggestions who are important for me. Perhaps you can some of them realize.

Thanks

Kate

Postby Kate » 21 Mar 2007

Thank you for your feedback, we will keep in mind all your suggestions when we will start to implement MultiCharts scanner.

stockmacd

Postby stockmacd » 23 Mar 2007

Kate,

Are there any plans to add fundamental criteria to the scanning module like:

- Total Cash per Share
- Book Value
- % Held by institution

It's difficult to find a software that can do both fundamental and technical scans. Most of this data is provided free on Yahoo and MSN. If there's a way to tap into this data as part of the scanning module, this feature would make Multicharts way way above the rest.

Kate

Postby Kate » 23 Mar 2007

Are there any plans to add fundamental criteria to the scanning module like:

- Total Cash per Share
- Book Value
- % Held by institution
Stockmacd,

Thank you for this information. Our developers will consider adding fundamental criteria too.

RadarScreen  [SOLVED]

Postby guest » 22 May 2007

Dear TS Support team,

I follow your Multicharts project now almost for two years. As soon as you have integrated a Radarscreen module which provides the function to scan with my own indicators programmed in EasyLanguage I will immediately buy your great software. I hope this will be very soon!? Can you give in this regard a timetable?

Kate

Postby Kate » 22 May 2007

unfortunately, I cannot give any ETA when a scanner is available. Please keep an eye on our forum, it will be announced here.

Januson

Postby Januson » 23 May 2007

I need a radarscreen soooo bad.... Actually I've been so frustrated that I started to code my indicators into NT cause they
ve a very nice Market Analyzer/ RadarScreen :roll:

But I love MC... please consider to implement the feature in the next release.

Return to “MultiCharts”