multi-threading for optimizations

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eminimaniac

multi-threading for optimizations

Postby eminimaniac » 17 Mar 2007

Is this currently available in MultiCharts? If not, when will it be?

Thanks...

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Mar 2007

We are working on this feature right now and it will be available in next versions. We expect to get 50% performance improvement for each additional core.

Postby Guest » 20 Mar 2007

That's fantastic !

Thanks for keeping up informed.

t123knight

Postby t123knight » 22 Apr 2007

Will the performance increase only be seen in optimiztion, or will it increase performance for all aspects of the program?

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 24 Apr 2007

Will the performance increase only be seen in optimiztion, or will it increase performance for all aspects of the program?
Good question.

Kate

Postby Kate » 24 Apr 2007

The next version 2.1 will perform optimization 1.87 times faster on each additional core. In the future we will also optimize calculation speed of the workspaces with multiple indicators, I mean we will speed up the process of indicator calculation because each indicator will be calculated by a separate core.

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2007

I'm planning on upgrade to a system that will be running two intel quad core processors. Will multicharts be able to take full advantage of this processing power? Also, is there any intent on making multicharts a 64 bit program?

Kate

Postby Kate » 30 Apr 2007

So far MultiCharts can run on a 64 bit system, but it won't use its full advantage. As for multi-processors, as I mentioned above, MultiCharts will calculate indicators and perform optimization much faster.

Return to “MultiCharts”