OpenTick datasource not available to MC?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
denizen2

OpenTick datasource not available to MC?

Postby denizen2 » 24 Mar 2007

I am trying to connect to the "OpenTick" data servers, but the QuoteManager's Tools->DataSources Dialog does not list this data-vendor.

What am I doing wrong? I viewed your Tutorial for OpenTick, so it would appear that it has already been implemented, right?

I also found what looks like the datafeed adapter DLL for OpenTick is found in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\TSServer\Datafeeds directory, as "tsOTDataFeed.dll", right?

I have also confirmed that my account with OpenTick is open and working by using their simple QuoteBoard application.

I also clicked on this DLL and then see that I can 'register' it, so I did that too. But it is still not listed in the DataSources dialog. I have tried abaout everthing I can, so any clue what I need to do?

denizen2
MC beta 2.0.777.777

Nick

Postby Nick » 25 Mar 2007

I have a problem. It seems MC does not have the exchange templates that OT uses.

I get a message must create exchange 'EC'??

It seems that the opentick exchange templates where added in the August beta. For some reason they seem to be left out of the current release version? Can I download these somwhere/somehow ?

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 26 Mar 2007

Nick

Go to Quote Manager > Tools > Exchanges & ECN's

Then just add it.

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 26 Mar 2007

Nick

Go to Quote Manager > Tools > Exchanges & ECN's

Then just add it.
Maybe this fixes Nick's problem, but it doesn't really relate to mine as stated in the forum-topic subject. 8) I.e., I can't find the data-vendor in the data-vendor list. The ECN and Exchanges issue comes AFTER you have a data-vendor that is 'activated' and online.

So how do I get the OpenTick data-vendor to show on the Data Vendors list? TSSupport.... you have any suggestions?

Cheers

denizen2

Kate

Postby Kate » 27 Mar 2007

Denizen2,

Is OpenTick activated in QuoteManager->Tools->Data Sources? If it is activated please contact us via our live chat or give us a call.

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 30 Mar 2007

This 'bug' was resolved offline using the HelpDesk and remote connection. It turns out that the OpenTick DLL was not being registered dynamically. The 'resolution' involved a redesigned version of the 'plug-in'. My computer's firewall or router are suspect has having been 'responsible' for some kind of too restrictive security rules that prevented the automatic registration. Problem now solved :D . Thank you TSSupport very much for your skillful and prompt attention to this issue. :D

Return to “MultiCharts”