IB: EURUSD / IDEALPRO Chart not updating

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
lantama

IB: EURUSD / IDEALPRO Chart not updating

Postby lantama » 15 Jul 2013

Hi, my charts of the EURUSD / IDEALPRO from IB are not updating since the update to 8.7 (7409). History is loading, Quotemanager is collecting, but somehow the charts are not updating with new ticks (last, bid, 1 minute, ticks.....) . This is weird, as other symbols are working fine. Any idea what is going wrong?

Best
lantama

arjfca

Re: IB: EURUSD / IDEALPRO Chart not updating

Postby arjfca » 15 Jul 2013

Hi, my charts of the EURUSD / IDEALPRO from IB are not updating since the update to 8.7 (7409). History is loading, Quotemanager is collecting, but somehow the charts are not updating with new ticks (last, bid, 1 minute, ticks.....) . This is weird, as other symbols are working fine. Any idea what is going wrong?

Best
lantama
IB as some limitation on historic bars
Look if it could ring a bell
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/so ... ations.htm

Martin

lantama

Postby lantama » 19 Jul 2013

No, there is obviously some serious problem with the IB Data Source Adapter in 7409!

I Have also inconsistent Chart Data. The Chart is lagging (or not showing the latest tick). See attached. Please check!
lantama
Attachments
inconsitent data.png
Inconsitent chart data
(10.75 KiB) Downloaded 1967 times

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 19 Jul 2013

No, there is obviously some serious problem with the IB Data Source Adapter in 7409!

I Have also inconsistent Chart Data. The Chart is lagging (or not showing the latest tick). See attached. Please check!
lantama
Picture mean nothing for me.... I can't see where is the problem originate
Best bet is to have a chat session with MC support team

I'm using IB to and I do had / have problem whenever historical data request overpass their limit. Once this occur, I experience lagging too. Normal because it in their policy. Can't say if you have a similar problem.

MC support chat link:
posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=87541#

Good luck

lantama

Postby lantama » 19 Jul 2013

?? The data shown in the first line is other than in the chart! And this means nothing to you? Then please stop replying to my posts.

lantama

Postby lantama » 21 Jul 2013

Also in 8.7 7472 many charts from IB are not updating. The only thing that helps ist do delete the symbol and to start all over again. But shuting down and restarting MC reproduces the problem.

galeki

Postby galeki » 29 Jul 2013

same problem here with IB.

I can click "View"->"Reload"->"Reolad all data" to refresh the current data out, but when the current bar is finished, the chart is not updating again.

the only way is restarting multicharts.

just update to 8.7.7570 hope that fix

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jul 2013

Dear users,

Our developers have resolved the issue with charts not updating realtime.
A new built with the fix is available for download.
Please update to the latest version from this page:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-software-download/

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 29 Jul 2013

I have some issues with the DAX Index symbol on IB as well. Stops recording data randomly in time with symbol settings set correctly. IB on it's own still updating data and charts and I can working with the data in Excel, but not in IB.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2013

piranhaxp, do you have this behavior with MultiCharts 8.7 build 7570/7569?

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 02 Aug 2013

Got the update and have to check it over the next days.

Would be nice to have a newsletter for any new versions ... If it is possible to get "spammed" from sales department it should be possible to get "spammed" from the development department as well .... which should be more in my favor.

Thank you.

Mike

StefanoSF

Postby StefanoSF » 04 Aug 2013

I've installed the most recent version and am still experiencing charts not updating with live data. Restarting MC does not alway solve the problem. Reboot does.

Symbol EUR.USD
Broker IB using Gateway
MC 8.7 (7569)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Aug 2013

I've installed the most recent version and am still experiencing charts not updating with live data. Restarting MC does not alway solve the problem. Reboot does.

Symbol EUR.USD
Broker IB using Gateway
MC 8.7 (7569)
StefanoSF, do you have this behavior with MultiCharts 8.7 build 7633/7634?

StefanoSF

Postby StefanoSF » 08 Oct 2013

Today I noticed the issue again. The chart does build correctly but the bar countdown does not always appear. Automated order do not execute when the counter is not displayed. When the counter reappears, order are executed but the original entry signal may be far gone.

I will monitor more. Very strange. Using build 7634

atsui

Postby atsui » 08 Oct 2013

i have the same issue today with hsi futures, cannot receive any data for that symbol but I can receive data for other instruments from the same exchange and other exchanges without problem. i am using mc build 7634 and ib gateway on a 64 bit machine. i use hsi futures as data1-3 and others instruments as data4-10. For me, it appears primary data could be the problem, just wondering if other members with similar problem use multiple data or single data, if multiple data was used, whether the instrument in question is the primary data? hopefully we may be able to single out the issue. thanks

lantama

Postby lantama » 09 Oct 2013

I was downgrading to build 7263 which is working fine with me. Downgrading was a bit problematic as the quote database isn't downward compatible.
I am not sure about the current release, but as I have no time to test it I will stick to the older beta for the time being.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2013

Today I noticed the issue again. The chart does build correctly but the bar countdown does not always appear. Automated order do not execute when the counter is not displayed. When the counter reappears, order are executed but the original entry signal may be far gone.

I will monitor more. Very strange. Using build 7634
Please make sure that your computer time corresponds to the selected time zone.
Close MultiCharts and all of its applications and synchronize your PC clock with Internet time.

Henry MultiСharts

i have the same issue today with hsi futures, cannot receive any data for that symbol but I can receive data for other instruments from the same exchange and other exchanges without problem. i am using mc build 7634 and ib gateway on a 64 bit machine. i use hsi futures as data1-3 and others instruments as data4-10. For me, it appears primary data could be the problem, just wondering if other members with similar problem use multiple data or single data, if multiple data was used, whether the instrument in question is the primary data? hopefully we may be able to single out the issue. thanks
Are you able to get the data for this symbol in IB TWS? Pleae check the Event Log of QuoteManager for messages related to HSI futures.

Henry MultiСharts

I was downgrading to build 7263 which is working fine with me. Downgrading was a bit problematic as the quote database isn't downward compatible.
I am not sure about the current release, but as I have no time to test it I will stick to the older beta for the time being.
Have you tried MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1 ?

lantama

Postby lantama » 17 Oct 2013

Have you tried MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1 ?
Not yet. Too busy at the moment.

atsui

Postby atsui » 17 Oct 2013

Are you able to get the data for this symbol in IB TWS? Pleae check the Event Log of QuoteManager for messages related to HSI futures.
No, I didn't save the event log but will do if the problem happens again. At the time the problem happened, the data field for hsi was empty in QM and another instance of TWS running at the same time in the same machine showed hsi data without problem.

Henry MultiСharts

Next time any of the mentioned issues appear - please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate it.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 18 Oct 2013

Please make sure that your computer time corresponds to the selected time zone. Close MultiCharts and all of its applications and synchronize your PC clock with Internet time.
Henry, if I trade both Globex and HK listed futures, how it this possible to have my computer time correspond to both the time zones? So, does it mean that if I put my computer time to EST, I won't be able to reliably trade HK futures or other Asian countries futures?

lantama

Postby lantama » 19 Oct 2013

Hilbert, something that is really great with MC is the Time Zone, Daylight Savings, etc... management in the Quote Manager (QM).

What is important: You have to make sure that your Operating System Time Zone and DateTime is correct. When you trade Globex you just enter under "Edit Symbols" -> "Sessions" the desired Exchange Trading time and the setting SessionTimezone: "Exchange".

Usually this is suitable. However you might check the "Exchanges & ECNs" Settings under "Tools" to make sure that the Time Zone Setting for the Exchange is set correctly. In the Chart choose also "Exchange" and your Trading Hour Session Setting defined in the QM (see above).

Hope this helps
lantama

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 21 Oct 2013

Hilbert, something that is really great with MC is the Time Zone, Daylight Savings, etc... management in the Quote Manager (QM).

What is important: You have to make sure that your Operating System Time Zone and DateTime is correct. When you trade Globex you just enter under "Edit Symbols" -> "Sessions" the desired Exchange Trading time and the setting SessionTimezone: "Exchange".

Usually this is suitable. However you might check the "Exchanges & ECNs" Settings under "Tools" to make sure that the Time Zone Setting for the Exchange is set correctly. In the Chart choose also "Exchange" and your Trading Hour Session Setting defined in the QM (see above).

Hope this helps
lantama
Yes the ECN and Exchanges feature in QM is pretty good. That is why I am surprised when I hear MC team recommending PC clock to be at same time as exchange you are trading.

If above recommendation is to be followed, it precisely rules out trading on exchanges situated in multiple time-zones. And that is my precise question. As is clear, a lot of posters are experiencing data difficulty (like data not updating) when they are trading exchanges situated in different time zone.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2013

Please make sure that your computer time corresponds to the selected time zone. Close MultiCharts and all of its applications and synchronize your PC clock with Internet time.
Henry, if I trade both Globex and HK listed futures, how it this possible to have my computer time correspond to both the time zones? So, does it mean that if I put my computer time to EST, I won't be able to reliably trade HK futures or other Asian countries futures?
hilbert, you have misunderstood my reply. You do not need to have your PC time set to the exchange you are using.

In Windows OS you can specify the timezone you want to be utilized by your system and the system date/clock. There was a lot of cases when the system date/clock did not correspond to the selected time zone. For example the time zone is set to London (GMT) time, while system time is set to New York (GMT-5) time. This can cause data issues in MultiCharts.

Please make sure your Windows date and time correspond to current date and time for the selected system time zone.

Return to “MultiCharts”