Compression is wrong imho

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Januson

Compression is wrong imho

Postby Januson » 20 Apr 2007

Hello...

I think the compression-routine is a bit strange, I use eSignal as data provider and when I select for instance 1 minut compression MC connects to eSignal and downloads 1 minut data. Apparently eSignal doesn't provide up/ downvolume for anything higher than a tick :roll:

So when I request anything else than a tickcompression the up/ down volume information disappears, which offcause are a natural effect of the minut when eSignal throws the up/ down volume away, but... and this is my question... why doesn't MC download the ticks and compresses it, so that the up/ down volume are readable? :wink:

Kind regards
Janus

Januson

Postby Januson » 20 Apr 2007

:lol: I must laugh.... but this seems a bit stupid, I played around with the compression and when I select for instance 240 seconds compression the up/ down volume works as supposed... hmm is that by design or by incident that you've developed it that way?

I can figure out, that the MC routine uses ticks to create the seconds compression :idea:

Anyway... it somehow solved my immediate need.....

Kate

Postby Kate » 24 Apr 2007

Janus,

MultiCharts doesn't compress ticks to make other resolutions because it is not efficient. To get up and down volume for minute charts you need to request seconds.

Return to “MultiCharts”