Penny Stocks

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Paul

Penny Stocks

Postby Paul » 27 Apr 2007

Hi,

1. It seems that Multicharts still can't process the data of small cap stocks: I haven't found out the exact problem, but it has something to do with a low price and/or more decimals: at some point when the price gets lower (below one dollar, with 3 or 4 decimals) the data gets completely corrupted (it is the same with Text-files, Esignal-Data, Qcharts-data and free-qoutes).
I have posted this issue some time ago, but didn't find the time to make a "live-chat" to demonstrate it to you, so please provide me with the details as to when (I guess I have to download some software) and how I can talk to You.

2. Some poster mentioned the problem with trendlines/drawing-tools not being attached to one symbol/chart. I too would find it reasonable to bind those to one Symbol as they are not generic/statistical indicators, but are "hand-fitted" specifically for each symbol.
It is useful when you want to place alerts on trendlines on multiple symbols, as I guess that when you draw all those trendlines on one chart-window (each tl for a different symbol) and each tl is designated to a specific symbol, You don't have to keep multiple chart-windows open, as You would have to when the program just scans for what it "sees" on the charts right now.
AB has the most elegant way to handle those things: each drawing tools is fixed to one symbol, and You can optionally give it a unique ID ("support", "resistance",..for example) as well, which You can then reference in a formula; this way You could even write a scan for specific conditions within the drawing-tools (looking for a certain distance between the price and all support lines for example).

Kind Regards.
Paul

Paul

Postby Paul » 01 May 2007

Kate,

Have you read my post?

Still waiting for a reply.

Thanks
Paul

Kate

Re: Penny Stocks

Postby Kate » 03 May 2007

1. It seems that Multicharts still can't process the data of small cap stocks: I haven't found out the exact problem, but it has something to do with a low price and/or more decimals: at some point when the price gets lower (below one dollar, with 3 or 4 decimals) the data gets completely corrupted (it is the same with Text-files, Esignal-Data, Qcharts-data and free-qoutes).
Could you illustrate this issue with some screenshots? Or contact us Monday-Friday from 6.30 am till 2 pm EST via our live chat and demonstrate this problem via HelpDesk?
2. Some poster mentioned the problem with trendlines/drawing-tools not being attached to one symbol/chart. I too would find it reasonable to bind those to one Symbol as they are not generic/statistical indicators, but are "hand-fitted" specifically for each symbol.
It is useful when you want to place alerts on trendlines on multiple symbols, as I guess that when you draw all those trendlines on one chart-window (each tl for a different symbol) and each tl is designated to a specific symbol, You don't have to keep multiple chart-windows open, as You would have to when the program just scans for what it "sees" on the charts right now.
AB has the most elegant way to handle those things: each drawing tools is fixed to one symbol, and You can optionally give it a unique ID ("support", "resistance",..for example) as well, which You can then reference in a formula; this way You could even write a scan for specific conditions within the drawing-tools (looking for a certain distance between the price and all support lines for example).
Thank you for this idea, as I wrote in one of the topics regarding the same issue with trend lines we need to know as many opinions as possible to decide what parameter drawing tools should be bound with.

Return to “MultiCharts”