IB Autotrading question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Neolystic

IB Autotrading question

Postby Neolystic » 01 May 2007

Is there a way to programmatically turn off the IB auto-trading feature? For example, in the event of 3 trades in a row being stopped out, no new trades would be initiated until autotrading was re-enabled manually.

Kate

Postby Kate » 04 May 2007

In the nearest future we will release a special add-on that will enable you to handle your orders from the script, i.e. to place stop and limit orders from PowerLanguage, control market positions and receive feedback.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 10 Sep 2007

In the nearest future we will release a special add-on that will enable you to handle your orders from the script, i.e. to place stop and limit orders from PowerLanguage, control market positions and receive feedback.

I would really love to have this feature. Is there an ETA on it? Just limit order capability in a strategy would be a big plus for me right now.

Max

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Sep 2007

Hello Max,

Next week we are planning to make official 2.1 MC release available to our customers (not another beta version, but the release). The add-on will be released several days after that.

Nick

Postby Nick » 19 Sep 2007

Something I would really like to see is attaching and modifying order from drawn horizontal line. NT does this pretty darn well.

Adjusting your stop by dragging it on a chart is just pretty darn cool :D If yu want it just above the last swing high just drag it there! Targets and entries can be manipulated in the same way.

I apreciate this goes beyond orders being generated from scripts but something to concider fro the future.

One thing that would be great for the plugin would be the ability to manage an open (manually opened) position from a script.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Sep 2007

Hi Nick,

This is something we are going to implement in future.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 21 Sep 2007

Something I would really like to see is attaching and modifying order from drawn horizontal line. NT does this pretty darn well.

Adjusting your stop by dragging it on a chart is just pretty darn cool :D If yu want it just above the last swing high just drag it there! Targets and entries can be manipulated in the same way.

I apreciate this goes beyond orders being generated from scripts but something to concider fro the future.

One thing that would be great for the plugin would be the ability to manage an open (manually opened) position from a script.
NT does do that well and it is a valuable feature for a person trading manually from the chart. I can wait for a signal but have the order on the screen away from the action, when I get a signal I can click on the order and move it to the signal price in about one second, not quite as fast as automation but approaching that responsiveness capability..

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Sep 2007

Hi Nick,

This is something we are going to implement in future.
I am very happy to hear this plan.

Return to “MultiCharts”