MC crashes and now data is wrong

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

MC crashes and now data is wrong

Postby iso » 31 May 2007

Hello,

I installed the new beta this morning and as I was building a workspace MC crashed. Now the data is wrong (seems like it will not backfill the data).
Attachments
MC_Error.png
(172.34 KiB) Downloaded 960 times

iso

Postby iso » 31 May 2007

I uninstalled and then reinstalled MC. The same thing happened again as I was building a workspace. Attached is the error.
Attachments
MC_error1.png
(13.85 KiB) Downloaded 974 times

iso

Postby iso » 31 May 2007

Now as I restart MC after the crash, it crashes on startup now.

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 31 May 2007

You did nothing else in the interim. Just installed and crash?

iso

Postby iso » 02 Jun 2007

I reinstalled once again and started to build a workspace and MC crashed once again. It seems it could be a constant range chart that is causing the problem. As I begin to construct that chart, that is about the time MC crashes. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling MC?

Thanks,

~iso

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 03 Jun 2007

It's possible that the cached data got messed up somewhere. I don't know if it could be on MC's end or with IQFeed.

You could try going into QuoteManager and clearing the cache for the symbol concerned. This would force it to recollect the data from IQFeed. If it's still messed up perhaps IQFeed needs to be reset somehow. I can't remember if there's an option to do that but you'd think there would be?

iso

Postby iso » 04 Jun 2007

I just confirmed that it is a problem with constant range bars. After reinstallation this time I did not create a constant range chart and everything was fine. Then I tried to create one on the ES (one point constant range bar) and MC froze up and crashed. It is not IQFeed because I use them with another charting package with constant range bars and it works just fine.

Kate

Postby Kate » 04 Jun 2007

Iso,

Could you contact us via our Live Support and demonstrate this problem via HelpDesk?

iso

Postby iso » 04 Jun 2007

How do I start MC now without reinstalling the application? Since I tried to create a constant range chart MC crashes as soon as I start the application. How do I fix this?

Kate

Postby Kate » 05 Jun 2007

Please contact us and we'll help you fix this problem via HelpDesk.

Return to “MultiCharts”