A few bugs in the new beta.....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

A few bugs in the new beta.....

Postby iso » 06 Jun 2007

Hello,

I have noticed some strange behavior with the new beta of MC.

1. After drawing on the chart for one symbol, when changing to a new symbol, the drawing objects from the first symbol are still on the chart. See attached snapshots, drawings were done on GLD and when I changed the symbol to USO, the drawing objects from GLD were still on the chart.

2. When saving as an image, at random times it will fail to save.

3. Charts do not stay positioned when changing the desktop size or maximizing/restoring a chart window. (see attached snapshot)

4. Studies come uncompiled at times. Last time I restarted MC, half of the studies were uncompiled.

5. Document paths are not remembered (not sure if it is like that by design)

Regards,

~ iso
:D
Attachments
GLD_Drawing.png
(103.44 KiB) Downloaded 884 times
USO_Drawings from GLD.png
(97.35 KiB) Downloaded 882 times
Chart Positioning Error.png
(111.83 KiB) Downloaded 878 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 08 Jun 2007

Iso,
1. After drawing on the chart for one symbol, when changing to a new symbol, the drawing objects from the first symbol are still on the chart. See attached snapshots, drawings were done on GLD and when I changed the symbol to USO, the drawing objects from GLD were still on the chart.
This issue was already discussed here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... =trendline
We haven't noticed this problem.
3. Charts do not stay positioned when changing the desktop size or maximizing/restoring a chart window. (see attached snapshot)
Could you describe in more detail what we should do to reproduce the situation? If possible please also send this workspace to tokareva@tssupport.com
4. Studies come uncompiled at times. Last time I restarted MC, half of the studies were uncompiled.
Could you contact us and demonstrate this problem via HelpDesk? We thought this bug was fixed long ago and haven't encountered this problem since that time. So your help will be very appreciated.
Could you specify what exactly document paths are not saved?

Kate

Postby Kate » 08 Jun 2007

Iso,
This issue was already discussed here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... =trendline
We haven't noticed this problem.
Could you describe in more detail what we should do to reproduce the situation? If possible please also send this workspace to tokareva@tssupport.com
Could you contact us and demonstrate this problem via HelpDesk? We thought this bug was fixed long ago and haven't encountered this problem since that time. So your help will be very appreciated.

Nick

Postby Nick » 08 Jun 2007

Iso,
I think he means if for example you save an image next time you try to open a workspace MC will be pointing at the image directory rather than the workspace directory.

Different file types should 'remember' there own path separately.

Cheers.

iso

Postby iso » 08 Jun 2007

Yes Nick, that is what I mean. Thanks....

Postby Guest » 08 Jun 2007

Iso,
I think he means if for example you save an image next time you try to open a workspace MC will be pointing at the image directory rather than the workspace directory.

Cheers.
better still, mc should allow users to specify a wsp directory, so that it always point to that directory.

this is so basic, and yet mc does not bother to do it right.

maxme

Postby maxme » 11 Jun 2007

I have some problems in the last Beta :
- some drawing objects that are correctly inserted and works correctly after some seconds disappear ( also if they are always in status on )....and sometimes they are re-drawing on chart, it seems that they are refreshing.....
- other problem is that MCActivex has increased until 800 mb.....

Kate

Postby Kate » 14 Jun 2007

It will be done in the future version.

Kate

Postby Kate » 14 Jun 2007

I have some problems in the last Beta :
- some drawing objects that are correctly inserted and works correctly after some seconds disappear ( also if they are always in status on )....and sometimes they are re-drawing on chart, it seems that they are refreshing.....
What drawings are you using? Do you insert these drawing objects yourself or you have an indicator which inserts specified drawings?
- other problem is that MCActivex has increased until 800 mb.....
The size of MCActiveX depends on your workspaces that you are running.

Return to “MultiCharts”