MultiCharts vs TS  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

MultiCharts vs TS

Postby guest » 07 Jun 2007

Wow I can't believe I didn't know about MultiCharts before? Please tell me the truth. How is it compared to TS 2000i? Is the Easylanguage exactly the same?

Postby guest » 07 Jun 2007

a more specific question. in TS, there is no built in function to do this:

if number of contracts = 8, then ...
if number of contracts =-5, then ...

is it easy to do this in powerlanguage?

Postby Guest » 07 Jun 2007

the easylanguage is not fully implemented. you can see the thread above to check which ones are not supported.

furthermore, ts evaluate the statement from the right, mc evaluate the statement from the left. no big deal for most people, some routine might run faster if it is written for reading left to right. most people won't notice any difference.

the autotrade is still experimental. it will be a while before anyone would put real money on the line.

backtesting is a joke. i am not holding my breathe waiting for improvement.

this product is still under development. the programmers are former TS employees, so they know what they are doing. the development might be a bit slow for some people's liking, but the developments are solid stuff. this is not just a charting program. it has some very good features.

mc was selling for $320. it was a good deal then. current price is a bit steep, imho.

at any rate, it is a one time license, it is good for people who has the money and don't want to bother with the monthly fee. it is still cheap compared to neoticker, etc.

Kate

Postby Kate » 08 Jun 2007

the autotrade is still experimental. it will be a while before anyone would put real money on the line.
What do you mean by calling auto-trading "experimental"? Stop/limit orders are not implemented yet but what other things you think we miss?
backtesting is a joke. i am not holding my breathe waiting for improvement.
What improvements you want to see in future versions except for intrabarordergeneration and lookinsidebar that will be implemented soon?
the programmers are former TS employees, so they know what they are doing.
It is a fairy tale. Our developer have nothing to do with TS.

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2007

kate, how is powerlanguage compared to easylanguage? does it have all the functions and key words, or is there a lot missing?

Postby Guest » 09 Jun 2007

kate, how would you do this in powerlanguage?

Kate

[SOLVED]

Postby Kate » 14 Jun 2007

kate, how is powerlanguage compared to easylanguage? does it have all the functions and key words, or is there a lot missing?
Please review this thread where new and not supported EasyLanguage words are listed: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3187

Kate

Postby Kate » 14 Jun 2007

kate, how would you do this in powerlanguage?

What do you mean by "number of contracts"? The number of active contracts? If yes, please try this formula: currentcontracts*marketposition

Return to “MultiCharts”