Backed up Studies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

Backed up Studies

Postby Nick » 01 Aug 2007

I notice that installing the latest version of MC backups up your studies before restoring default ones. Could you tell me where these are backed up to?

I restored from graph_backup.xml (in PLeditor folder) and this seemed to be the default indicators.

Thanks.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Aug 2007

Hello Nick,

The thing is that there is no backup for your studies. If you have written any they should be there. You just go to PLEditor and open the relevant study.

Nick

Postby Nick » 02 Aug 2007

Sorry I did not make this clear...

Some of my studies are modified 'standard' studies. In the previous beta my modified versions where over written when I installed the beta and I reported this as a bug.

When I installed the latest beta it now says 'backing up studies' before extracting and replacing all the standard studies. I'd like to know where it backed those up so I can restore my own, modified versions of the standard studies. (hope that makes sense).

IMO MC should never ever over write a users studies without the user saying actively doing that.

Cheers,
Nick.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Aug 2007

Hello Nick,

You are right saying that "MC should never ever over write a users studies without the user saying actively doing that." We are working on changing that.

At the moment, however, there is no way to retrieve your modified studies. Backup is usually deleted after installation has been completed successfully.

Return to “MultiCharts”