Multicharts on Linux

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
piranhaxp

Multicharts on Linux

Postby piranhaxp » 28 Jul 2013

Due to my private change from Win to Linux I'm just wondering if anybody has some experience with MC and Wine with Mono for Framework 4 on Linux. I guess there is no plan to produce something for Linux. Would be too bad to work with one extra computer just for Windows and MC.

Thank you.

Mike

ABC

Re: Multicharts on Linux

Postby ABC » 29 Jul 2013

Hi Mike,
I tried it with Debian Lenny and Wine a while back, but I couldn't get it to work. I don't think you will be able to make it work with Wine, but it should work using a virtual machine.
Although I must admit I haven't tried it.

Regards,
ABC

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 29 Jul 2013

I'm aware of the VM-solution and I guess it is at least faster than the Wine-solution. Will have to try it out, but I'm working on Wine first. Got installer running and Framework accepted. But at some point MC install process gets interrupted. Trying to figure out why and where.

Are there any thoughts or ideas from MC department to develop something for Linux ? I think Win is on the run down and Linux more and more appreciated. Heart a lot of rumours that some other tradesoft dev's are on the run for something in Linux.

Keep you updated in the Wine solution.

Mike

cnbiz850

Postby cnbiz850 » 31 Jul 2013

I abandoned Win many years ago and most everything has a great solution on Linux, except trading software. Have to run MC in a XP VM. It is a shame especially since those critical requirements for financial trading such as stability, reliability and security are provided in Linux at a much higher level than in Win.

Really hope MC can provide a Linux version soon.
Last edited by cnbiz850 on 01 Aug 2013, edited 1 time in total.

bailey

Postby bailey » 01 Aug 2013

For a while , i tried to run MC on wine (debian). With self compiled wine and lot of additions from winetricks. But it did not work. The *.net implementation does not fit requeiments of MC.

Of course it would be nice tu run MC on linux. I guess it would be possible what MC linux package comes with its own wine package, already testen on debian/redhat/ or suse.

This would be actually a new part of market. Huge trading-houses would use MC on there big linux mainframes.

siscop

Postby siscop » 25 Nov 2019

Since Microsoft announced that the future will be Linux – will there be a Multichart version for Linux and will it be part of the lifetime license Member or will the new Multicharts Linux version be an extra purchase license?

samuelhogg

Postby samuelhogg » 05 Mar 2020

Great question. Did you get any response?
Since Microsoft announced that the future will be Linux – will there be a Multichart version for Linux and will it be part of the lifetime license Member or will the new Multicharts Linux version be an extra purchase license?

Return to “MultiCharts”