Open ECry not working MC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
futurestrader019

Open ECry not working MC

Postby futurestrader019 » 13 Aug 2007

Open ECry recently did a large upgrade and I was told by them that all vendors, incl MC, were given notice to provide users with whatever file(s) would be needed for the data to work in their platform.

Is MC aware of this upgrade and is there a 'fix' somewhere that I am just not seeing?

Thanks!

Here's the email that was sent:

Hello:

Friday, August 3, 2007 OEC released OECAPI 3.1.1.0 as the latest version of our API. This version is now available at the My Account section of our website for all new and existing OECAPI users.

On Friday, August 10, 2007 after 5:30 EST. Open E Cry will be releasing this new API into our simulation environment, sim.openecry.com. This is a mandatory upgrade. Failure to upgrade will result in your custom application not being compatible with the installed SIM server version.

Also keep in mind that we have made available our API servers to all developers so you can verify that your software will function properly with the latest changes before this release. Please report any issues you find to our API forum or email them to api@openecry.com for further investigation.

For those of you who are developing commercial software and have mutual customers with OEC, any help you can provide by way of notifying these customers is greatly appreciated. For example, if you are hosting the OECAPI Client Installation, make sure your website gets updated with the latest version.

If you have any questions please email api@openecry.com.

Best regards,

Open E Cry Development Team

futurestrader019

Any ideas here???

It's a tad hard to trade when your charts will not import your data. I just need to know whether MC has/will have a download so that MC will continue to work with Open ECry data or not.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Aug 2007

Hello,

The solution will be ready next Tuesday/Wednesday.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

futurestrader019

Thanks Marina.

That is really a long time to wait in my opinion for something that MC was aware of and did nothing in advance to get ready. When you say 'next Tue/Wed' are you referring to August 21/22?

Hopefully whatever needs done can be done quickly and easily. Hopefully. :wink:

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Aug 2007

Hello,

Changes of this sort always take time. As for Tuesday/Wednesday it was a rough estimate. It might take a couple of days longer.

futurestrader019

I understand.

In other words, hopefully MC will have this fixed by next week, but no promises. In the meantime, if you are using MC with OEC data, tough luck. :cry:

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 15 Aug 2007

Marina - are you able to provide a better timeframe for when MC will be operational with Open ECry data once again?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Aug 2007

According to our estimates, the solution should be available by the end of next week. At the moment, we cannot be any more precise than that.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 16 Aug 2007

I hope MC can get this fixed soon! SC had it fixed late Wed night. I'm not sure why it takes SC 3 days and will take MC approx 2 weeks...

Don't get me wrong, I am a big MC fan, but it's frustrating when MC was given ample notice about this update and chose to do nothing until after the upgrade became mandatory. And now SC, which costs about $7/mo, can get the fix in place in 3 days, but MC that costs $500+ takes 2 weeks.

I just hope there's no bugs and it works perfectly when the solution is done.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Aug 2007

I apologize for the inconvenience once again.

What really happened is that for whatever reasons we never received a notice about the changes. We are sure that OpenECry did send out e-mails well in advance but we received the general notification only 3 days after you started this thread. So in fact we did not have any time to prepare for the changes beforehand.

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 17 Aug 2007

Marina,
Thanks for keeping us updated. In the future, I highly recommend someone from MC keep in contact with your data vendors about upcoming changes so this can be prevented in the future.

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2007

Any ETA for this yet? I dont want this thread to get burried

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Aug 2007

Hello,

It's not going to get buried. The work is currently in progress. As soon the the issue is fixed I'll post a reply in this thread.

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 20 Aug 2007

Thanks Marina! I can understand the concern of other traders as I am in the same boat - if this gets put off, I have to find a new charting company.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Aug 2007

It is going to be fixed shortly. At the moment we are testing the solution.

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2007

What exactly does "shortly" mean. Just trying to get a gauge on things

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Aug 2007

Hello,

Regarding MC functioning with the updated OpenECry.

Attached please find 3 dll files that need to replace the corresponding dlls currently used in MultiCharts.

To replace tsOECDataFeed.dll please go to MultiCharts\Datafeeds folder
To replace api.dll and oec_api.dll please go to MultiCharts folder.

Please note that this is a temporary solution. The new version of MultiCharts due next week will have this fixed.
Attachments
OEC.zip
(420.43 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

trader273

Postby trader273 » 21 Aug 2007

When you say new version does that mean one would be forced to upgrade? or will older versions work with OEC with the above file? I do not like using newer versions of software since the one I am using does everything I want it to do. Seems like there are more bugs in newer software that I do not want to deal with.

trader273

Postby trader273 » 21 Aug 2007

Did everything that was supposed to be done, but still getting an error. When the QM tries to load a symbol I get a "InvalidClientVersion" error.

Any help?

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 21 Aug 2007

I am getting the same error as trader273. I replaced the dll's as Marina explained and the error keeps occurring that I was seeing last week as well.

Marina Pashkova

Hello,

I attached the dlls again.

Please make sure you take the following steps replacing dlls:

1. Download the files
2. Unzip them
3. Run regoecdatafeed.bat file
4. Make sure you are using a valid login/password/datasever. You can check this in QuoteManager->Tools->Data Sources->Open E Cry->Settings.

Should work. I just double-checked it on my machine.

If it still doesn't work for you, please let us know.

Marina Pashkova

Hello,

I attached the dlls again.

Please make sure you take the following steps replacing dlls:

1. Download the files
2. Unzip them
3. Run regoecdatafeed.bat file
4. Make sure you are using a valid login/password/datasever. You can check this in QuoteManager->Tools->Data Sources->Open E Cry->Settings.

Should work. I just double-checked it on my machine.

If it still doesn't work for you, please let us know.
Attachments
OEC.zip
(420.88 KiB) Downloaded 158 times

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 24 Aug 2007

Marina,
Working good here!! Thanks for the updates!!

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Aug 2007

Perfect! You're always welcome.

Return to “MultiCharts”