Data compression range types

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
sparkz

Data compression range types

Postby sparkz » 13 Aug 2007

I'm using eSignal with the latest version of MC and have a question regarding the range types on data compression?

I have a chart (EUR A0-FX) on 60 minutes from the 01-Jan-07 with gives 3625 bars which sounds about right. However, if I use the "Bars Back" option with 3625 it only loads 1466?

Is there some fundamental difference in how these two range types access the data or is there a bug here?

Thanks
Mark

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Aug 2007

Hello,

When a history request is set as Bars Back there are following limitations (even if you already have the data in the storage):

daily and higher - 10 years
other resolutions 91 day

If a data source does not provide history data or if the server mode is other than On Demand it depends on how much data you've got in the storage (no limitations)

sparkz

Postby sparkz » 15 Aug 2007

Thanks for that. 91 days worth would certainly seem to be the limit I'm hitting.

Any particular reason why a "bars back" can't handle the same quantity of data as a date range though?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Aug 2007

The reasons for imposing these limitations on Bars Back are purely technical and are related to the complexity of realization of this particular type of data request.

Return to “MultiCharts”