Data playback can not open file  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
epepping

Data playback can not open file

Postby epepping » 15 Aug 2007

i'm trying to use the dataplayback utility. When i indicate the file in the ddplayback program it says it can not open it or it is in illegal format.
I have attached the file i'm trying to read (made with quotemanager export
Attachments
DaxPalyback.txt
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 404 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Aug 2007

Hello,

Indeed, the file cannot be read by the program in its current format. The format is strictly defined. Please see the quote below:

5 ) Prepare a data file for playback. The simplest way is to export it from QuoteManager by clicking any symbol that has cached tick history and select Export Data. A file can be created manually, but it must have a strictly determined format, e.g:
"Date","Time","Price","Volume"
15.05.2006,11:36:54,2.0010,111

In other words, you need to use QuoteManager which can convert the file into the format legible for Playback.

epepping

Playback

Postby epepping » 20 Aug 2007

Well, I did export it with quote manager.
Please look at my attached file from the original post and tell me what is wrong then ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Aug 2007

Hello,

Strictly speaking there was nothing wrong with the file.

But: Playback can only read one particular file format. ASCII converter is flexible and can read multiple formats and convert them into the form that can be read by Playback. So after importing and then exporting the file in QuoteManager the output you get can be easily read by Playback.

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2007

I am disappointed that MultiCharts does not have an integrated playback utility.

MC should make it possible to read the data directly from the database, without export/conversion, etc.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Aug 2007

Hello,

Future versions of MultiCharts will have this utility. As to when this is going to be implemented, the current ETA is Q2 2008.

epepping

Playback data file  [SOLVED]

Postby epepping » 22 Aug 2007

The file comes out of quotemanager. ! So i do not see the problem. What is exactly wroing with it ? It will not be read by the playback and comes out of quotemanager

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Aug 2007

Hello,

What exactly is not working right?

I just plotted a chart using your file (I converted it with the help of ASCII converter in QuoteManager) with the Playback utility and it worked.

Could you please check with the recommendations posted at http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=1699 and try Playback again?

However, if you still have the problem could you please contact us through LiveChat (http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html), remind us briefly what the problem is and tell us that we were going to look at your issue via HelpDesk?

Thank you

epepping

Data playback

Postby epepping » 24 Aug 2007

I'm sorry, i can not find this Ascii converter you are talking about.
I have exported the file from Quotemanager with the export option. That is the file you have . Maybe in the data the 6-6-2000 should be 06-06-2000, but there is no way to define the export format.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Aug 2007

ASCII converter is the tool that converts files when you import data in QuoteManager. In other words you don't have to specifically look for this converter. What happens when you import files is as follows:

You've got a file in a certain format. When you import the data in this file into QuoteManager ASCII converter converts this file into a strictly defined format. That's the format that Playback utility can work with. Now to make this file available for playing with the Playback utility you need to export it from QuoteManager. And it will be ready to use.

In other words, in this particular case you use import with the following export through QuoteManager as an intermediate stage preparing the file to be played.

If you still have problems with playing the file, please contact us through LiveChat.

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2007

This playback thing is awkward. I can't get it to work half the time.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Aug 2007

As I mentioned earlier, the future versions of MultiCharts will have this utility built-in and it will be a lot more stable.

Return to “MultiCharts”