takes a LONG time to open a chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flier6

takes a LONG time to open a chart

Postby flier6 » 16 Aug 2007

Hey,

New registered user here.

1. It's taking more than 10 minutes to open an ES#F chart. Whether I use ticks, minutes or volume bars it doesn't matter. I'm running the 1050 version on a Pentium 4 with 2G of ram and using eSignal's delayed data. Is this amount of time to open a chart normal?

2. Even though a friend gave me a database with 10 years of historical data, when I select 1/1/2000 as the starting date for the chart, the data doesn't go back any further than 1/3/2005.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007

time is a dependent on the number of data points you are loading.

flier6

Postby flier6 » 16 Aug 2007

Agreed. But I can open an ES chart in TS that has 10 years of data and it only takes a couple of seconds. It's taking me 10 minutes or more in Multicharts. I have the feeling I must be doing something wrong.

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2007

It is a known fact that ts has the most efficient database. It is a propriety technology; I don't think anybody has matched it yet.

Marina Pashkova

Re: takes a LONG time to open a chart

Postby Marina Pashkova » 17 Aug 2007

Hey,

New registered user here.

1. It's taking more than 10 minutes to open an ES#F chart. Whether I use ticks, minutes or volume bars it doesn't matter. I'm running the 1050 version on a Pentium 4 with 2G of ram and using eSignal's delayed data. Is this amount of time to open a chart normal?

2. Even though a friend gave me a database with 10 years of historical data, when I select 1/1/2000 as the starting date for the chart, the data doesn't go back any further than 1/3/2005.

Any ideas?

Thanks
1. It's an unusually long time for a chart to open. Especially from eSignal, since eSignal works real fast. Could you please send us event logs from QuoteManager?

2. Regarding you second question: Please make sure that the database you are referring to does contain data from 01/01/2000. Please go to QuoteManager, right-click the symbol in question, go to Edit Data, choose daily resolution and check from what date you have the data avaiable.

flier6

Postby flier6 » 17 Aug 2007

You're right. I selected "edit data" and the data starts at 2005 so obviously that's why it isn't plotting anything before that.

I guess my next question is, do I need to import the data into Quote Manager from the database file?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Aug 2007

Hello,

For the new database to be used you need to replace the old one with it.

Return to “MultiCharts”