IB Not Responding While Auto Trade  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

IB Not Responding While Auto Trade

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2007

Sometimes MC display that the IB is not responding. There is no problem with IB. The internet connection is ok. Is there anything wrong between the MC and IB?
Attachments
No Responding.png
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 818 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Aug 2007

Hello,

Usually, you get this message if MultiCharts is placing a new order but IB has not yet responded regarding the previous order. It is connected to delays in processing orders by IB (even though their program will be functioning just fine).

Postby Guest » 21 Aug 2007

Did you mean that it is not the problem of MC? Do you have any suggestion for this problem?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Aug 2007

That's right. It's not a problem of MC. This is the problem of IB. The reason you receive this message in MC is to let you know that IB has not responded to an order duly submitted by MC. As for fixing it, IB should be addressed on this issue.

BeleBala

Postby BeleBala » 21 Aug 2007

I have the same problem and I found that this only happen when my signal is trying to execute a SETSTOPLOSS or SETPROFITTRAGET. If my signal exit by a market order, it works 100% of the time. It also works 100% when I am making a market order enrty.

Please check

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Aug 2007

Hello,

Does the message "Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation is not responding" mostly appear at a particular time of the day or has no connection to it whatsoever?

As for connection between the orders you are referring to and this message, we are going to test it here on our machines. As soon as we get the results I will let you know.

BeleBala

Postby BeleBala » 22 Aug 2007

Hello,

The message "Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation is not responding" has no connection to time whatsoever.

Thanks for looking into this.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Aug 2007

I have the same problem and I found that this only happen when my signal is trying to execute a SETSTOPLOSS or SETPROFITTRAGET. If my signal exit by a market order, it works 100% of the time. It also works 100% when I am making a market order enrty.

Please check
Hello,

We have checked autotrading with the orders above, but have not received any messages about TWS not responding. In the tests, we used randomly selected symbols and strategies. Could you please tell us what symbol, from what datasource, over what period and with what strategies (if possible please attach a code) you were autotrading when received the above messages? We would then try to reproduce the very situation you came across.

Thank you.

BeleBala

[SOLVED]

Postby BeleBala » 27 Aug 2007

Hello,

It is now working perfectly after I turn on
" Fire openOrder on status' change " on TWS.

Many Thanks

Edmond

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Aug 2007

I am glad you figured it out: to autotrade in MC you first need to enable this option in TWS.

If you have any questions again please let us know.

Return to “MultiCharts”