Best data source for EOD stocks and etf's

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
futurestrader019

Best data source for EOD stocks and etf's

Postby futurestrader019 » 25 Aug 2007

I am a futures trader by trade but would like to start watching some stock and etf positions with MultiCharts, if possible. I just need End Of Day data - what are recommended vendor(s) for this? Free would be nice since it's just EOD. I currently use Open ECry for my futures data and they do not provide stock quotes (to my knowledge).

I'd appreciate any suggestions from the stock traders on the forum and the MC staff!

Also - for those that trade stocks on MC, have you found the software to be acceptable? Is it easy to build a watch list and scans?

Thanks!

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 27 Aug 2007

Why not go with Interactive Brokers for your data feed. Very cheap and if you trade with Interactive the data feed may be free. Check out their website.

As for Multicharts software, I have been using it for about 18 months now. I really love the product and know that future releases will be even better. I trade for a living and have no problem recommending the software to my Forum members and or subscribers of my signals.

But you have to be the judge so do the trial and judge for your self. No one else can judge it better than you.

:P

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 27 Aug 2007

I use MC to trade futures full-time.

My question was what data vendors are recommended for EOD data on stocks. That's all I need - not a sales pitch for your forum or whatever, just recommended vendors for Stock Data.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Aug 2007

Hello,

We could recommend eSignal - they have extensive data for many symbols.

It is not free, though.

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 27 Aug 2007

futurestrader019

I am sorry you read it that way. I am not picthing any forum. Do you see any link posted to my FORUM ?

I was responding to your comment

"Also - for those that trade stocks on MC, have you found the software to be acceptable? "

Next time I will refrain from addressing your posts.

I am not affiliated with MC... I am just very happy with the product.

Ease up man

Return to “MultiCharts”